Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Rx-7 Intercooler Upgrade?

ady EP82

ok, im new to all this forum malarky but ive had my starlet for 6 months or so. on my tight budget ive managed to put new suspension, wheels, hks actuator (set to about 13psi) and air filter.

i heard ages ago that a popular upgrade is to stick an intercooler on from an rx7, apparently they fit straight on... so i got one from eBay for 15 quid. i dont see what everyone is talking about it doesnt fit at all! have i got the wrong one or something? please help, anyone else heard of this upgrade?

Which RX7?

Apparently the RX7 fits with the least amount of fuss. Its not a direct swap, some tinkering will be needed. That is assuming you've got the right one.

pretty sure its the right one, from FD3S rx7, aluminium core with black plastic at the ends, what kind of tinkering is involved? do i need to buy new hoses?

the one that the guy on the uk starlet club . com used was all alloy... :blink: heres a pic

topmountrx7.jpg

log on to the site for more info.

Rich.

as far as i know, the bottom entrance to the cooler we can see has a longer pipe on it... the only thing needed is to cut this down a bit. best bet would be to ask streetracer starlet on the uk starlet club mate, it was his car in the photo!

Rich.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links