Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae82 Gt Mods

Benn GT

Hello everyone,

Im a new member and have a corolla gt ae82.

What I would like to know is, what can I do to the engine to release more power?

It already has an exhaust and Airfilter.

Looking on Fensports site and notice a few things on there, not looking at changing engines though.

What would be better, a chip or going for twin 45s, or even throttlebodies?

I know the fuel economey will drasticly be reduced with the carbs but they do sound awsome and it will be a track car and occasional road car so not that bothered about economy really.

What gains could I expect from any of these upgrades without modifying the engine itself?

Would diferant cams be a worthwhile mod or leave the standard ones in there.

Any other advice is much appreciated.

Cheers

Benn

Hello everyone,

Im a new member and have a corolla gt ae82.

What I would like to know is, what can I do to the engine to release more power?

It already has an exhaust and Airfilter.

Looking on Fensports site and notice a few things on there, not looking at changing engines though.

What would be better, a chip or going for twin 45s, or even throttlebodies?

I know the fuel economey will drasticly be reduced with the carbs but they do sound awsome and it will be a track car and occasional road car so not that bothered about economy really.

What gains could I expect from any of these upgrades without modifying the engine itself?

Would diferant cams be a worthwhile mod or leave the standard ones in there.

Any other advice is much appreciated.

Cheers

Benn

hello mate, Im going down the same route as you. doing mine up for a track day car and to use on the road to get to work and back :thumbsup: so far i have got full stainless exhaust and Airfilter and just fitted new trd head gasket, apart from that not got round to any more with the engine apart from cleaning it up. To the car i have cut out any rot it had and weilded. stripped out back seats all the carpets and sound profing. plastic trim and boot stripped out all painted in black, 6 point roll cage. bigger front brakes off a late ae92 with greenstuff pads. and thats about where i have got to so far. i'm going to start tuning the engine in next couple of months i hope. i plan to get cams for sure, not sure which ones yet hks or kent cams. bigger fule pump, and injectors. maybe remap ecu like the omex 600. prob go for better clutch at some point and maybe a dab of nitrous. like you i want to keep my engine as its been so good so far be silly to change it. have you got any pics of your car? would like to see it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links