Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris To Corolla

bp04

hi ,

first of all hello to everoyne, your forum looks really great for advice and information which has prompted me to join the club. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

now to the point, i currently own a yaris and would like to get a corolla as we could to with a bigger car now.we are looking for a t-spirit upto 3 years old. i know the t-spirit comes with a few extra features than the t3.

cos we do a lot of travelling we want one with sat nav already fitted. most of the cars we hve seen don't have it as we know it was an option.

what i was wandering was you see a lot of these for sale on eBay are they easy to fit or would we be better off with someting like the tom tom. i saw on eBay a douible navigation unit for toyota which looked good but not too sure what would be involved.

also the t-sport seems nice what sort of mpg would you get on that on motorway compared to t-spirit

hi mate and welome to the club,

i have a 1.6 t-spirit, they are a good car truthfully i have never worked out mpg or anything, mine has got the toyota TNS300 sat fitted though. it is a good system but i would now personally go for something like the tom tom only because of being able to move it from car to car. if you manage to get one with it fitted it is good i like it.

hope that helps :yes::yes:

no problem and the best thing to do is go to your local toyota garage and ask to test drive one, you will then be able to see what the car is like as they will let you out for about 30 minutes

It's quite nice to be able to program the Tomtom from the comfort of your armchair, try out a few different routes etc. rather than have to do that in the car.

Plus if you get out and walk you can take the Tomtom with you. Done that before in London!

Paul.

From what I understand, the Tomtom is vastly superior, and much cheaper. Being able to just plug a postcode into it and go is excellent.

David.

From what I understand, the Tomtom is vastly superior, and much cheaper. Being able to just plug a postcode into it and go is excellent.

David.

Having used both systems I would agree with this - for a start you get a 3D view instead of a birdseye view, plus there are the POI database's available to download which I find very useful especially for the speed camera's!

http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/tomtompoi.php

Only downside I've found is having to put the tomtom out of sight when you get to or from your destination - t'other wise it will get nicked!

Regarding motorway MPG I get around 40-45 on my T-Sport.

Cheers

John

hi again

thanks for all your valuable advice, judging by the replies i think iwill go for an aftermarket system, and i still can't decide between a tspirit or the sport, at least i can narrow it down now as finding one with the toyota nav was proving a very hardtask. definatley going for the tom tom. i looked at one earlier and i can use my phone thru the bluetooth feature on it.

thanks again

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

FANTASTIC FORUM!!!!!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links