Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Experience Lost Of Power With Tte Twin Exhaust?

KevT3

Hello people,

I have the new TTE twin exhaust fitted today by the dealer. Here are some problems that i am experiencing and would like to know if there is anyone with the same experience can sort me out...

1) My corolla is 1.6L, would the tte twin exhaust decrease the power of the car in anyways? Because i notice there there is a slight power loss... dunno if that's only my illusion...

2) There is a tapping/flapping noise from the middle section of the exhaust pipe (underneath the car) after fitting the exhaust... is it normal?

3) Do anyone thinks the twin exhaust is too loud for long journeys?

Many thx, any help would be greatly appreciated :help:

Kevin

p.s. I know i posed this within one of the topics, but i think i should have posted this as a separate topic, sorry about the cross posting :)

no powerdrop or what so ever on my 1600

check the connection by where the TTE backbox begins maybe they forgot the gaskit in between and tighten the screws a little bit more

The sound is ok on long rides when you drive over 130km/h the sound become less

http://www.zippyvideos.com/9364945731647476/afbeelding_303/

check the connection by where the TTE backbox begins maybe they forgot the gaskit in between and tighten the screws a little bit more

:thumbsup: Thx !! G6R

May be i just haven't yet adjusted to the sound. :lol:

So, you are saying that your exhaust doesn't give out tapping sounds when idle? I think i am gonna ask the dealer to check it tomorrow.

Regards,

Kev

:thumbsup: Thx !! G6R

May be i just haven't yet adjusted to the sound. :lol:

So, you are saying that your exhaust doesn't give out tapping sounds when idle? I think i am gonna ask the dealer to check it tomorrow.

Regards,

Kev

Its possible that there is a lot MOIST in the TTE backbox when your in Glasgow listen to the sound when its idle and the engine is completly warm its could be away ;)

hi,

i would say the exhaust needs adjusting... part of the system is knocking underneath the car on tick over.. not a big problem really.

:thumbsup:

Hi G6R

Just an update to my problem. Took the car back to the dealer this morning, they lifted the car up and immediately saw the connection is leaking!!!! The gasket is not in place at all!!!! The pipes are connected like this /\ , there is a huge gap... :ffs: :censor: I dont know how they passed the work!!

That explain why the idle sound is so loud... :(

I think their service is rediculous... they blamed that becoz my TTE exhaust is bought from eBay (i insisted it's from eBay from a toyota dealer), the exhaust should have come with a new gasket..!? Since there wasn't, they used the old gasket and that kind of slipped!?

I think they are talking loads of crap but just wanna know, does the TTE exhaust comes with the new gasket?

Kev

Just what i thought no Gaskit , when i bought mine by the dealer there was olso NO gaskit deliverd by the TTE backbox thats completly rubbish what they say.

but i,am glad thats sorted out :thumbsup: enjoy your SOUND mate

greetsz JO :thumbsup: ;) B)

i previously had a tte twin exhaust which didnt make no difference to the performance what so ever and it cracked after about year and a half which i was shocked!!

now that iv changed exhaust i feel the car is more nippy with out the tte. well thats just my opinion.

also i thought tte exhaust wernt ment to be loud... my one wasn't that loud or maybe its just me.

Yep thats right the TTE backbox wernt ment to be loud because the E.U. law,s , I removed my midsillincer and than the sound is just right :yes:

Well I can't complain about the sound of mine really! It's not too loud (until you pass 6,200RPM that is! :D ) and not too quiet which is what I like... There's a nice burble at idle so you know the engine is running at least :lol:

Well I can't complain about the sound of mine really! It's not too loud (until you pass 6,200RPM that is! :D ) and not too quiet which is what I like... There's a nice burble at idle so you know the engine is running at least :lol:

May be it's just my pipe isn't fitted properly :)

It really worried me when i heard the "flap flap flap flap" when idle... it sounds like a truck!!

The dealer says that it has ordered a new gasket which should fix the leaking problem...

G6R and other guys with the TTE exhaust... Do you need a new gasket to fit the new exhaust? Do the exhaust connect to the middle pipe at an angle?

Kev

May be it's just my pipe isn't fitted properly :)

It really worried me when i heard the "flap flap flap flap" when idle... it sounds like a truck!!

The dealer says that it has ordered a new gasket which should fix the leaking problem...

G6R and other guys with the TTE exhaust... Do you need a new gasket to fit the new exhaust? Do the exhaust connect to the middle pipe at an angle?

Kev

my TTExhaust is not very loud, I hear the burbling on low rpm . but when I drive over 130km/h it is starting to make more noise. but it's sporty so I like it.

I'm keeping the original exhaust for the case if i'd go on some longer journey. I plan some trip to sicily..

there wasn't any problem w/the fitting of the exhaust, no gasket replacement needed.

but no performance increasement or decreasment . the only one think I found is that the urban fuel consumption is better!!

i previously had a tte twin exhaust which didnt make no difference to the performance what so ever and it cracked after about year and a half which i was shocked!!

now that iv changed exhaust i feel the car is more nippy with out the tte. well thats just my opinion.

also i thought tte exhaust wernt ment to be loud... my one wasn't that loud or maybe its just me.

Mine did that also mate :( Cracked and fell of after 30,000 miles :angry::angry:

It's was not loud at all on my 4afe, I think it was just made to look cool :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links