Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Installing Amp

chenks

trying to install my amp into boot (as it won't fit under front seats)

where have people installed theirs ? the back of the rear seats doesn't feel tough enough to screw the amp to.

also... ive looked for a hole to put the Battery cable through.. but can't see anything... advise please ?

this is what i have though of doing with the amp

Photo-0007.jpg

Photo-0008.jpg

My amp is fastened to the back of my rear seats, seems secure enough, hasnt fell off in 6 months anyway :lol::thumbsup:

Hello mate,your best bet is to bolt it to the back of the sub box! builting it to the seats can give u alsorts of problems and placing it in an empty sub box is not a good idea due to the lack of cool air from the boot and it will run really hot til the thermal cut off kicks in and shuts it down,if your really unlucky it wont shut off and you will loose it altogether mate.

Max Res Trevor saxokiller

that back of the box is right up against the seats though. (it's a slanted box designed to fit there)

I think my install install will answer most questions of how/where to install an amp location.. :thumbsup:

yeah we don't all have stack loads of cash to have a custom install done !

Hey mate ,

I cant quite remeber , but my mate has a 3 door corolla , and has put a small piece of mdf between the seat back and the carpet , if you see what i mean. Slid a bit of mdf behind the carpet basically , and attatched the amp through it to make it solid ! I will see if i can get some pics from him , ,

David

i recommend u drilling the amp the back of ur sub box, this will save a lot of space by not using that empty sub box and more cool air can go into the amp, or another option is to put the amp under the front pasenger seat. but i dnt think using an epmty sub box is a gd idea uses up a lot of boot space

i recommend u drilling the amp the back of ur sub box, this will save a lot of space by not using that empty sub box and more cool air can go into the amp, or another option is to put the amp under the front pasenger seat. but i dnt think using an epmty sub box is a gd idea uses up a lot of boot space

this is what i have done in the end (on back of sub box)

i did intend to put it under the font seat initially.. but on testing it... the space wasn't big enough... people feet would keep kicking it etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links