Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T-Sport Dash

Robbie@DJGear

Im looking to install some ICE to my T-sport by cannot find a blank Radio Panel for the New Corolla Dash. The Radio that comes with the car is a double bin Radio/CD player. Does anyone know where i can get a blank pallen Toyota Ireland dont do them and any of the ICE people havent come accross them.

• 1 month later...

• 3 months later...

I'm having the exact same problem. I've already taken out the standard 2 din CD player and fitted 2 x single din units (CD/MP3 and a Navigation unit). I'm now left with a gaping 1 cm gap either side of the head units.

I have managed to get it looking 'slightly' better by putting a couple of aluminium sheets over the gap but it doesnt look right.

If you manage to find anything, let us know. Would really appreciate it.

I'm getting a custom install done to my corolla in a few months time.

I've spoken to the installer about this, and he's going to make a blank plate up for me to be installed when i get my car done.

The current blanking plate out there, look tacky, to put it politly, so this will be a change.

BEWARNED...this come at a price, a plastic blanking plate comes in at £30-£50, mine will cost me £200!!!

But don't worry, it's in the cost of my install.

If your looking for this to be done, let me know, and i'll give you details.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a new fascia adaptor available for the new Corolla ( and I have one in my T3 ).

Check out http://www.audiowarehouse.peachhost.com/ct..._PR14565466.htm - I had this part ordered and delivered from the US in only 4 working days (Tue to Mon).

Scosche and Bestkits also have fascias available but will not sell to the public. Audiowarehouse sell direct and it only costs $30 (approx £20).

Hope this info helps...

Atik

• 2 weeks later...

i am having a similar ish prob ive got the navigation unit and am trying to install a sub in the boot how do you remove the navigation unit ? and where would you recomend running wires back ?

ive tryed to get it done profesionaly but toyota and Halfords wont do it

thanks for any help matt

Hi exon16m...

I'm not 100% sure of how your navigation system wiring is but on my Corolla T3 CD player, it was a case of

pulling out the trim around the CD player (between the two heating/fan vents in the centre of the dash). It simply clips out, but be careful not to damage it. Once this is out you then remove the trim round the the gear stick which leaves you free to pull out the central column trim. Be careful at this point as on my T3 there are 3 A/C heating dials. Under the middle one is a screw that needs to be taken out (pull the middle dial softly and it'll come out - take care not to damage it though). Now you have full access to your 'audio system'.

When I got my sound system changed the guy put the wiring through the back of the glove box, under the passenger side door sills (front and back) and then into the boot. Apparently you can also feed the wiring through the middle of the car but it's a nightmare!

I've now managed to sort out my whole setup, with the help of a couple of people. Got my indash screen, DVD, navigation, CD/MP3 changer, rear screen, 2 amps and a 12" Pioneer 600W sub.

Hope this info helps. If you need any further info email me at atikali2000@yahoo.co.uk - I'll do my best to help.

Atik :D

You should really run your wires down both sides and possibly the middle as well.

I always run the power down one side (the side of the car the Battery is on) and any other electrical cables (amp remote switch on etc). I run my signal cables down the other side (RCA's between head unit and amp, amp remote control panel leads etc). I then run the speaker cabling from the amps back down the middle of the car - and yes this is often a nightmare!

Steve.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links