Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chrome Tyre Valve Caps

SilverWolf

Does anyone have experience with Chrome tyre valve caps?

The only time I've used them before were freebies from the front of a car modding mag (sucker for a freebie me! :D ) the only thing was after a few weeks when I tried to check the tyre pressure they were seriously stuck on and I had to use pliers to remove them.

Do they tend to get stuck or was it because they were just cheap crap?

Would WD40'ing them before putting them on make them more "removeable" or just make them slip off on the first few corners?

I only ask because a couple of the normal black plastic caps have disappeared and need replacing either way.

Speaking as a tyre fitter........ AVOID ALLUMINIUM VALVE CAPS they seriously stick on :lol: as you have foung out.. the amount of cars we get in each week with stuck caps you wouldn.'t beleive..if you can get steel ones, go for it, but kids will nick them for their bikes.. best to stick with black plastic caps, they do the job properly anf kids don't tend to steel them.

WD40 won't help.. the alluminium reacts with the brass and they weld themselves on for all enternity.. there are no pliers, grips, hammers or screwdrivers that will shift them without damaging the valve... they are a complete waste of time.

If you go into a local tyre shop (kwick-fit or budget etc.. the lads will probably give you a handfull free of charge.. they will have 100's of them.

but kids will nick them for their bikes
:censor:

Happens to me all the time :angry: ,I now just use the Black Plastic Caps but I do have the Chrome Valve sleeves instead :thumbsup:

I had 2 sets nicked of my last car :angry: , as suggested ...stick with the black plastic type :thumbsup: .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links