Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte Strut Wont Fit

Ckman85

Ok, i collected my TTE strut today and tried fitting it and it doesnt !Removed! fit bcos it looks like the power steering bottle is in the way. i seriously need some help. i know G6r has the same strut but looking at his photos, i see his bottle is on the right and my one is on the left. ive posted some pics so ppl can help me.

dsc005966gy.th.jpg

dsc005985xo.th.jpg

Well it turns out their is a left hand drive and right hand drive strut and odvioulsy i hav the left hand drive one. im really anoyed now because my toyota dealer is refusing the exchange it for me because they believe its my fault because i gave them the part number. But i blame TTE website because they do not explain it properly that theirs a left hand drive and right hand drive version, they both hav the same part numbers but different AM number. This is stupid. Wot makes it worse is TTE sent me a list of part numbers for my car and it only has one part number for the strut doesnt mension theirs a left hand drive and right hand drive :censor:

William , wright to Toyota GB or phone tell them your complane about the TTE strutbrace and thats not YOUR fould that you now have a left hand drive and that the PARTNUMBER don,t show that theres a left and a righthandside TTE Strutbrace and that the Dealer where you bought it won,t take it back and exchange it fot the RIGHTHANDDRIVE TTE strutbrace .

probebly they did,nt look ( good) in the parstcomputer to order the right 1 for you see of they can help .

I had the same problem with my TTE backbox we ordered the one from before the Facelift and they wo,nt fit .

I called to Toyota Netherlands explained what the problem was and the sorted out with my dealer and in a few day,s i could switched them by the dealer . they admidded ( Toyota Netherlands ) that it was der fould about the partnumbers for it . :yes::thumbsup:

Phone them and ask to Public Relations

Let me hear from you William ;)

William , wright to Toyota GB or phone tell them your complane about the TTE strutbrace and thats not YOUR fould that you now have a left hand drive and that the PARTNUMBER don,t show that theres a left and a righthandside TTE Strutbrace and that the Dealer where you bought it won,t take it back and exchange it fot the RIGHTHANDDRIVE TTE strutbrace .

probebly they did,nt look ( good) in the parstcomputer to order the right 1 for you see of they can help .

I had the same problem with my TTE backbox we ordered the one from before the Facelift and they wo,nt fit .

I called to Toyota Netherlands explained what the problem was and the sorted out with my dealer and in a few day,s i could switched them by the dealer . they admidded ( Toyota Netherlands ) that it was der fould about the partnumbers for it . :yes::thumbsup:

Phone them and ask to Public Relations

Let me hear from you William ;)

Well, ive written to TTE and complained to them at the moment. Also i kinda cant really blame toyota because i gave them the part number. im blaming TTE for not showing the part number for righthand drive. But i would like toyota to exchange it for me, but they wont odviously, wot also makes it worse is the booklet that came with the strut says for corolla/ Verso and D4-D which is weird, because where i got the part number from it says part number not suitable for diesel. i shall try and contact toyota GB. will post more information later

it is the responsability of the dealer to ensure the part numbers are correct.

i deal with TTE lots, on a personal level, they will help as much as they can, but unless the part was actually coded with a UK part number, technically the dealer shouldnt have even ordered it.

calling them would be a much more civil method of explaining the ***** up of the UK dealer, i wouldnt start shouting the odds at TTE, after all, they only supplied the part they was asked to supply, did you specifically ask for the part number for a RHD car.......i bet not

it is the responsability of the dealer to ensure the part numbers are correct.

i deal with TTE lots, on a personal level, they will help as much as they can, but unless the part was actually coded with a UK part number, technically the dealer shouldnt have even ordered it.

calling them would be a much more civil method of explaining the ***** up of the UK dealer, i wouldnt start shouting the odds at TTE, after all, they only supplied the part they was asked to supply, did you specifically ask for the part number for a RHD car.......i bet not

Well, i actually gave them the part number. so their just gonna use that as the excuse to not exchange it. but it is true that the dealer should of checked if it was correct.

Well good news, ive spoken to TTE and they r willing to exchange it for me. The UPS guys should be coming to collect it sometime today. HMM i wonder how long its gonna take for me to recieve the correct strut?

Yo thats goodnews :thumbsup: was a good idea from me to contact them :yes:

yep it sure was. Hopefully ill recieve it soon.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links