Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica 2.0 Gt Beams Red Top

Wolves on fire

Hi everyone. Got myself a 98 celica with a redtop BEAMS engine it has done 96,000KM great condition in pure white. It is in its standard condition except a DVD player. Any ideas on how much it could be worth. I paid 5k in May 05 was this too much or was it a bargain. I had no idea what this engine was until i tried to get a new cambelt for it late last year, what a lot of trouble that was. £150.00 later i got my hands on one. Also any idea on how many were made, and what what the perforance stats are

Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 200 ps (147.10 kw) / 7000 rpm

Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 200 ps (147.10 kw) / 7000 rpm

do you know what 0-60 should be also the top speed as the clock stops 110

Hello matey, welcome to TOC :thumbsup: Cant really help you with the engine but i think it`sround the 200bhp mark iirc. Bit of a rarity. :yes:

All you need to do now is post lots of pics of it so we can all have a dribble. :thumbsup:

top end will be knocking on 140 mph +

probably 150 on the speedo. this is a guess not fact by the way .

0-60 possibly in the 6's

Mate welcome and well done thats a awesome motor :thumbsup:

try www.6gc.net those american kids know a lot about the red top beams motor .

Its a site similar to this , really good/helpful . A quick search on there will give you all the info you need on your car :)

Makes sure you only use 99ron with it. Thats what its designed for, and I think its higher compression, so you really need good fuel. Otherwise you'll get knock, n the ecu will relax the timings.

Do you think 5k was about the right price to pay it had 80k KM on clock i bought it

Where in west mids mate? Wolverhampton?

Near to Dudley, are you local??

Makes sure you only use 99ron with it. Thats what its designed for, and I think its higher compression, so you really need good fuel. Otherwise you'll get knock, n the ecu will relax the timings.

i have been using normal unleaded, but super uleaded say 1 in 4 fill ups, have not noticed any knocking yet, i will use super from now on, Thanks for letting me know

They are rare. I think they made ~1000 beams celicas and another 1000 MR2s? :unsure: They were never exported from Japan by Toyota. I would guess that there are one or two hundred in the UK at most.

Not sure if the rarity has any realistic effect on value though. Most buyers wouldn't even know it was anything special.

Near to Dudley, are you local??

Not too far.. i live in solihull but was in dudley last week collecting my new alloys. You ever been down birmingham centre on sat or sun night where all the racing goes on? BP garage?

Would be interested to see a beams as i never have seen one. :thumbsup:

I have it on good authority that Toyota have produced at least one prototype Beams 3sgte which stock pumps out around 330ps ;)

Probabaly never be sold in any cars because of the emission laws....

I've heard very good things about the Beams so well done on a rare find, give me a ring if you want to get rid, cash waiting!!!!

Are they all in that awful colour???

They look like they went to Halfords for the badges!!!

they made a black top too for the mr2

they made a black top too for the mr2

Black top has about 10-20bhp more than the red top beams lump. So i think its about 220bhp. Same engine as in the Altezza RS200

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links