Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattles Galore!

Roly

Back again to tackle the next irritation - my 2002 Corolla has various rattles which I am gradually tracking down! One I've found is in the passenger door so I need to remove the trim, any tips on achieving this without breaking any clips etc?

Cheers

if youve gotta lever anything with a screwdriver... wrap the end in tape first. apparently that helps... tho when i tried it i still wound up snapping an awkward clip :yes:

oh and dont do it while its raining >< kind athing id do that :lol:

I really don't want to rub salt in, but are 2002 Corollas that bad with rattles on average? Do they get that way after a few years? Just want to ask because I'm impressed with my '05 not having any at all. Is it merely a matter of time?

David.

Mines a 2002, 2nd owner, with 34k on the clock, and the rattles have slowly increased over the last year of my owning it. Dash rattles and squeaks in various areas especially around the central air vents and audio unit, passenger door has rattles behind the trim and the boot section does as well. Every time I source one another appears :ffs:

My wife has a 94 corolla - no rattles

My dad has an 89 GT4 - no rattles

My mum has an 01 yaris - no rattles

It does appear that maybe the 02 corolla suffers a bit more than others, could be to do with the plastics used perhaps...might have changed materials for the later models though.

I originally had an MR2 years ago which was solid as a rock, then went to SAAB owning three up to high mileage 170k + and was converted back to Toyota by the family. My last SAAB sold with 179k on the clock and was still as quiet as when purchased - so I have been a little disappointed by the build quality of this Corolla, but I have to say it is a great fun zippy car to drive.

Just got to sort them rattles out! :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links