Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3sge - 3sgte

Deejay

Hi, I want to do an engine conversion from a 3sge to a 3sgte. I have a 91 celica gt FF. And want to know whats involved - eg: Do they bolt straight onto a Front wheel gearbox, do you need to cut any engine mounts etc. I'm going to try it during winter (if it can be done) so any advice is welcome.

from what ive read on the celica club its not as easy as some people make it out to be,engines are quit different,different ecu,etc .thats not to say its not possible,best of luck m8 :)

As far as i know the mounts are the same because the engine are based on the same platform.

The ECU wireing i think is going to be the hardest part.

Your better off buying a GT4. Honestly its a hell of a lot of time and more importantly money which could go toward or maybe even buy completely a GT4 with.

And your have straightforward insurance and little to worry about.

The biggest problems are traction and chassis strength. Your FWD wont be able to handle too much HP without slipping. Also the standard chassis isnt designed to handle high hp.

Dunno how much you were thinking of spending on this but i guess in the region of £1500. You can buy a GT4 for that.

But good luck whatever you decide. :thumbsup:

OK thanx guys, anymore info you pick up would be helpful. I have along way to go yet, I havent even sourced an engine yet I, would imagine fensport can help there. I'll start it in January so I have ages until the car's off the road. Any websites or information sources would be good Cheers :thumbsup:

Hi, not sure how much help this is but there is a company in australier that makes a bolt on turbo kit for the 3SGE engine in the ST202, im sure it would proberly fit yours with a bit of modding, but it costs about 7500 aussie dollers. They also do an ECU harness thats lets you plug the GT4 ECU into an ST202 instead of using the original one or trying to slice the original and new ones together. again for a newer model but could work. there web site is : www.perfectrun.com.au

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links