Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got My Car

Wilmot99

Ok, just got my brand new 06 reg Corrola. I love it. such a nice car, also went for the optional sub woofer and it was definately worth it.

Just wanna know the biggest alloys i can put on it without haveing to do anything else

Any suggestions?

is that the optional sub-woofer that goes under the seat ?

i looked at the specs and size of it, and it can't be that good really.. compared to a proper sub.

i looked at the specs and size of it, and it can't be that good really.. compared to a proper sub.

Yeah it is the one that goes under the seat.

It depends what you want really. If you want to have your windows shaking, people looking at you as you drive past and no boot space then fine go for another sub. But if you want a sub that takes no boot space and actually makes your music sound good rather than just making it stupidly bassy the i would say go for the optional one

But if you want a sub that takes no boot space and actually makes your music sound good rather than just making it stupidly bassy the i would say go for the optional one

if configured and setup properly, then it wouldn't be "stupidly bassy".... of course we have to exclude the neds driving their nova's with body kits that have everything at insane levels.

Yeah it is the one that goes under the seat.

It depends what you want really. If you want to have your windows shaking, people looking at you as you drive past and no boot space then fine go for another sub. But if you want a sub that takes no boot space and actually makes your music sound good rather than just making it stupidly bassy the i would say go for the optional one

Hear Hear! :thumbsup: Pity about the price though :(

But if you want a sub that takes no boot space and actually makes your music sound good rather than just making it stupidly bassy the i would say go for the optional one

if configured and setup properly, then it wouldn't be "stupidly bassy".... of course we have to exclude the neds driving their nova's with body kits that have everything at insane levels.

But then you've got to ask yourself 'what is the point of getting the other sub'

The sub under the seat gives enough bass. you can by a 10" sub with god knows how much wattage, but if your gonna configure it to to the same as the one under the seat whats the point.

one major point - the price !!!

i got quoted £240 for the optional sub + installation from toyota dealer

i bought a 12" 1200w sony sub and housing box and 600w amp ... and had it installed for £150 !!

£240 for a 120w active sub really makes it a no-brainer.

i bought a 12" 1200w sony sub and housing box and 600w amp ... and had it installed for £150 !!

OK.

£150 for a 1200w sub and 600W amp. Then your going to configure it so its not too bassy, theres no way your going to use the whole 1200watts and 600watts. And its gonna take up half your boot. PLUS add the weight of your sub, amp and box to the car and you loose performance

OR

£250 for a 120w sub with built in amp. The sub will probably use the whole 120watts so theres no waste there, doesn't need configuring cos its supplied and configured by toyota so no waste of time there, And you have the whole of your boot (no waste). PLUS it weighs about the same as your amp so really isn't going to affect the cars performance a great deal.

OK.

£150 for a 1200w sub and 600W amp. Then your going to configure it so its not too bassy, theres no way your going to use the whole 1200watts and 600watts. And its gonna take up half your boot. PLUS add the weight of your sub, amp and box to the car and you loose performance

OR

£250 for a 120w sub with built in amp. The sub will probably use the whole 120watts so theres no waste there, doesn't need configuring cos its supplied and configured by toyota so no waste of time there, And you have the whole of your boot (no waste). PLUS it weighs about the same as your amp so really isn't going to affect the cars performance a great deal.

i dont think that one sub is going to make all that a difference with 190 ponies under your right foot! :rolleyes:

OK.

OR

i dont think that one sub is going to make all that a difference with 190 ponies under your right foot! :rolleyes:

But it is gonna affect it, whereas the optional one won't.

Its up to you if you wanna save £90. But your cars gonna use more fuel so in the long run i'm gonna be the one saving.

Its up to you if you wanna save £90. But your cars gonna use more fuel so in the long run i'm gonna be the one saving.

This is getting silly, how long do you think its going to take for you to save £90 in fuel from the difference in weight between 2 subs? :!Removed!:

This is getting silly, how long do you think its going to take for you to save £90 in fuel from the difference in weight between 2 subs? :!Removed!:

errrrrrrrrrm a year.

OK we obviously have differennt opinions. I can see where your coming from but personally I need the boot space for my job.

Is there any chance of getting an answer from my original question lol

Largest alloys i can fit on the car.

errrrrrrrrrm a year.

OK we obviously have differennt opinions. I can see where your coming from but personally I need the boot space for my job.

Is there any chance of getting an answer from my original question lol

Largest alloys i can fit on the car.

22" :P

i know the biggest you can get on the E11's are 17's, i thnk on the E12 its 18's

keeping all that in mind, you should also put yourself on a diet....

:laughing:

I agree with poultonjoe, i have 16s on my E10 and now its lowered the clearance is fairly close...

But if you put 18s on your Rolla the performance will be affected :yes:

There's a set of 17"s in the for sale section that will fit ;)

shameless plug...

There's a set of 17"s in the for sale section that will fit ;)

shameless plug...

:laughing: But might get you a sale :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links