Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Wiper

PeaJay

My rear wiper has given up the ghost! :crybaby:

(the wiper blade seperated from the wiper body)

I have a 2004 Avensis, and as far as I can tell, you cannot get an aftermarket replacement for this.

I have tried 3 motor-factors, and only one even has this version of the Avensis listed!!! :blink:

As the blade and arm seem to be an integral item, I thought,

"I know, I'll replace the rubber and keep the rest" :unsure:

Tried this, but the replacement rubber is obviously just a little bigger than the orignial.

Hence it is a very tight fit into the arms of the wiper - which means it doesn't flex.

So.. essentially I get a small portion of the rear window wiped.

As the blade doesn't flex it doesn't follow the contour of the window and most of the water is just smeared in a thin film. :ffs:

So...

It's off to Mr T when I get the chance!!!

Sorry.. It's just annoying.

I dont mind paying for Toyota parts where it's important - but, a windscreen wiper? :blink:

This is what I do:

I have all of my wipers aftermarket.

There are only two brands on the market that wipe 100%. It's VALEO on the first place and Bosch on the second. Any other brand (I've tried them all) either doesn't wipe well, or doesn't last more then few months and make big noise wipeing.

What you need to know is size of the wiper. Then you go and buy it by the size and not by model listing. That's the way I do it.

For example, for windshield I even changed the size. I'm very tall and as soon as I bought the car I have had the problem because my eyes were above the line wipers would clean. So, I found VALEO 65 cm With Spoiler for a driver's side and VALEO 48 cm for passenger's side. VALEO doesn't have "Quick Clip" system and clips that came with it didn't mach Toyota's Wiper's Arms. So I had to do combination of original wiper's clips and new wipers. Now I have all windshiel wiped perfectly.

I prefer VALEO, but Bosch is not bad as well and it comes with "Quick CLIP" system so it would fit any wiper's arm.

The blade is replaceable on it's own.

I rencently had a 3 blades changed on my 2004 Avensis by a local Toyota dealer, and they were just blade inserts, not the complete wiper arm.

The total price was only £15.60 fitted !

Regards

Andrew

The blade is replaceable on it's own.

I rencently had a 3 blades changed on my 2004 Avensis by a local Toyota dealer, and they were just blade inserts, not the complete wiper arm.

The total price was only £15.60 fitted !

Regards

Andrew

That what i'm off to do Andrew :thumbsup:

Bosnjo - the problem with the rear wiper is that the arm isn't a standard replaceable item.

hence my try of a replacement blade, rather than the normal. :blink:

Maybe the cheepo replacement rubber I bought wasn't standard and hence caused my problems :rolleyes:

perhaps I'll have a look if there are any Bosch or Valeo rubbers out there :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links