Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spider Webs On Paintwork

Caz SR

Not such a problem in winter, but during the summer months I get a lot of spider webs on the car due to having to park near a hedge. Problem is, they are normally baked on by the sun before I can get to them.

Is there a quick solution to removing baked-on webs? I've tried polish etc but short of softly running my nail across (risky) they don't seem to budge!! They make the car look as though it has several scratches.

Suggestions (other than an electric polisher/buffer as those things scare me) welcome.

Cheers.

buffers are scary! ive found they can easily damage paint work by 'burning' it from edges if your not careful

you could try one of those clay products, to me it seems a bit of a gimmick but did work to an extent but wouldnt shift the 'tougher grime' for that i just reveted back to good old TFR (traffic film remover) to get shot of any baked on flies etc etc... should do the job with those eight legged buggers houses aswell :lol:

just remeber TFR is a very potent 'soap' and dont apply it 'neat' to the paint work, mix it a bit with water and awat you go, then wash it away with clean freash water, bit of a leather, quick polish and youll need sunnies to look at the paint work B)

• 2 months later...

Go for a Drive.... a brisk* drive :thumbsup:

I had a spider living in my wingmirror for months..... it went around the nurburgring, was jet washed, car washed.... and subjected to much oil smoke... never budged!

• 2 months later...

Go for a Drive.... a brisk* drive :thumbsup:

I had a spider living in my wingmirror for months..... it went around the nurburgring, was jet washed, car washed.... and subjected to much oil smoke... never budged!

I've always had spiders living in my electrically adjustable mirrors grrrr....

as there is a gap, and I've had them in my last 4 cars and they always spin a web on my mirrors!!

Never had that problem in the cars without electrically adjustable mirrors as there is no gap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

where abouts are you mate, im a detailer i may be able to help you, do you mean spider webbing as in swirl marks, these can easily be corrected with a rotary buffer and the correct polishes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links