Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Barry Boys

kirst_ie

Has anyone had the chance to visit the Barry Boys web site. Some of the topics are hilarious and what they say to each other and the slatting of other people cars :lol: and some of the stuff people have done to there rides, its a crying same :crybaby: .

If you need cheering up, go visit that site :lol::lol:

I personally like the site. There are some true abominations on there.

All the barrys can come back with is "jealous", "you own rubbish cars" etc .. where the people on there like well done cars, just not Halfords tat.

You'll get mixed reactions on here as a few cars have been on the site for good reasons (including my old MR2).

Yeah seen it, quite a few TOC cars on there

Yeah i go on there quite a bit, its a good laugh :laughing:

Just hope i never see my car on there :unsure:

Yeah it gets mentioned occasionally on here.... you find quite a few of the Yaris folk's cars on there.... not mine obviously....

But its always highly amusing to see someone slate a Toyota when they drive a Corsa or something similar.... :lol::lol:

They are a bunch of !Removed! with too much time on their hands.

Granted, most of the cars they 'feature' are total abortions, but I don't see the need to go around taking photo's and then posting them on the internet, just so they can all join in the slating. :huh: Most rational people just snigger under their breath and then carry on with their lives when they see a badly modified car, don't they? :unsure:

Granted, most of the cars they 'feature' are total abortions, but I don't see the need to go around taking photo's and then posting them on the internet, just so they can all join in the slating. :huh: Most rational people just snigger under their breath and then carry on with their lives when they see a badly modified car, don't they? :unsure:

Absolutely agree with Mikeb. :yes: I have to question who is worse. Some misguided 17 year old with a passion or someone that sits in front of a pc every night knocking them..... Think i came to the right conclusion. ;)

Totally disagree .. these kids need taking down a peg or three, and being shown the true horror of their cars is great.

What's wrong with taking photo's. It's a group of people who like taking the p*ss out of muppets with badly modified cars. I can't see the harm at all. It's not as if they are beating people up, setting fire to the cars. It's harmless fun. May not be what I want to do in my spare time, but then I don't wanna get up on a sunday morning and play football either, but plenty do.

Don't want to be laughed at, don't have a car worthy of appearing on BarryBoys. :thumbsup:

pearing on BarryBoys. :thumbsup:

Totally disagree .. these kids need taking down a peg or three, and being shown the true horror of their cars is great.

Don't want to be laughed at, don't have a car worthy of appearing on BarryBoys. :thumbsup:

pearing on BarryBoys. :thumbsup:

At the end of the day it comes down to personal opinion - they (presumably :blink: ) like the cosmetic mods that they've done to their own car, but you may not agree with them. Fair enough, but it's only an opinion - what makes your's right and their's wrong? (I'm trying to play devils advocate here to an extent).

There are plenty of people who use TOC who have cosmetically modified their cars in ways which, frankly, make them valid candidates for barryboys, but we don't slate them on here.

Well actually, one or two have been slated on here but mostly people are pretty polite about it. "Not to my taste but it's your car" - that type of comment.

I suppose if you customise anything, then you're putting yourself up for criticism of one sort or another. It's like wearing clothes that are a bit "out there" - you are making a statement and others may feel they want to make a statement too! :yes:

Only problem I have with Barry Boys is that some of the posters are really up themselves and come across as very pompous. Like it's ok to have an opinion as long as it's the same as theirs. :rolleyes:

To be fair though, most people there are just having a laugh at some truly atrociously modded cars and it is, after all, only a website which others can choose to visit... or not. :yes:

i still think the best one on Barryboys was when Kens avensis ended up on there. And withing half a dozen posts they had completely lost the plot and were arguing which breakdown service is best if you own a TVR!

idiots!

At the end of the day it comes down to personal opinion - they (presumably :blink: ) like the cosmetic mods that they've done to their own car, but you may not agree with them. Fair enough, but it's only an opinion - what makes your's right and their's wrong? (I'm trying to play devils advocate here to an extent).

There are plenty of people who use TOC who have cosmetically modified their cars in ways which, frankly, make them valid candidates for barryboys, but we don't slate them on here.

Opinions are like ar*es .. everyones got one, but I don't wanna see yours ;)

It's just the internet, for every 100 max muppet sites you get one BarryBoys.

Some peoples cars on here are candidates, and if they post pictures, and I don't like it, I'll tell them. All this "yeah that's great" when it so blatantly isn't is just wrong. But I don't drop to the level of insults (well, not often) I just point out what I don't like.

People seem to get too uptight about things on the "internet" ..

i still think the best one on Barryboys was when Kens avensis ended up on there. And withing half a dozen posts they had completely lost the plot and were arguing which breakdown service is best if you own a TVR!

idiots!

Ken's car was a prime candidate. From the outside, it's a bright orange kitted avensis.

Only when the find out that it's actually got good brakes (now) and engine that they'll "get" the car.

And you are saying we never stray "off topic" .. it just shows how non-serious they are about this.

If you look at their cars there are a few Loti, Skylines, MR2s etc .. it's not as if they are *all* Mondeo man now. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links