Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Avensis

thiambal

Looks like I am going to get rid of my Vvti Avensis due to the old oil complaint.

However, I really like the Avensis and I am going consider replacing it with the pre-Vvti model (do not have the funds to got for a newer one)

Does anyone know if there are any known problems with the pre-vvti 1.8 Avensis? I do not want to make the mistake of buying a lemon again.

Cheers chaps! :thumbsup:

P.S. Thought about going to Toyota asking to px my newer Avensis for an older one - thought it would probably confuse the hell out of them :D

now if there are any known problems with the pre-vvti 1.8 Avensis? I do not want to make the mistake of buying a lemon again.

There are no known issues with the 7A-FE, just look at the number of Carina E's still in daily use with no problems. The only problems are Avensis build-related (eg weak power steering racks) and not down to the engine. Parts for the lean-burn engines are expensive, but you will hopefully never use any :thumbsup:

Perhaps it will be a Honda Accord then :D

Reluctant to leave Toyota but cannot keep having cars that cost me mega bucks on poor build quality.

Reluctant to leave Toyota but cannot keep having cars that cost me mega bucks on poor build quality.

I was going to swap my T-reg Avensis for an Accord until I saw the MPG figures the Accord produces. My 7A-FE Avensis has currently done 130K, cost me nothing in parts in the two years and 30K I've had it, and touches 45mpg on my commute. I woudn't get a new Avensis, but the old lean-burn is so good I can't see any reason to get rid :D

I was going to swap my T-reg Avensis for an Accord until I saw the MPG figures the Accord produces. My 7A-FE Avensis has currently done 130K, cost me nothing in parts in the two years and 30K I've had it, and touches 45mpg on my commute. I woudn't get a new Avensis, but the old lean-burn is so good I can't see any reason to get rid :D

Cheers Bear, the mpg was the downside of the Accord. I had a Celica with the 7A-FE which gave me no trouble. Am a bit concered about the build quality on Avensis re - steering racks. But You may be right, perhaps the pre-Vvti Avensis is the way to go.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links