Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Required - What Tyres To Buy For A T-sport

rust

Help needed!!! - I want to get some opinions on what tyres to go for. I have covered 25K in my CTS and the fronts have started to wear on the outside shoulders. Should I go for the Bridgestones again or change to something else.

Depends what you want...Grip or Life.

I personally go for grip and have 205/50/16 Eagle F1 GS-D3's on mine.

Saying that, I got about 14K out of my old set of fronts.

HTH

As Steve pointed out, it depends on what you're after! :yes:

I have Toyo T1-S on mine all round and they have amazing grip in the dry, good grip in the wet and last quite well! :thumbsup:

Help needed!!! - I want to get some opinions on what tyres to go for. I have covered 25K in my CTS and the fronts have started to wear on the outside shoulders. Should I go for the Bridgestones again or change to something else.

I go through the Bridgestones on the front every 12k miles :eek: You're doing very well to make them last so long.

Paul.

I go through the Bridgestones on the front every 12k miles :eek: You're doing very well to make them last so long.

Paul.

quick question, standard tyres are 195/55/16 what size can you fit on original wheels if you change all four

quick question, standard tyres are 195/55/16 what size can you fit on original wheels if you change all four

yeah is it possible to fit 205/50/16 tyres on the standard wheels

I've just fitted some 205 50 ZR16 Falken FK451 tyres to my T Sport, significant improvement in handling IMO...

I've just fitted some 205 50 ZR16 Falken FK451 tyres to my T Sport, significant improvement in handling IMO...

how much did they cost ? do they look better than the originals

I own a 02 plate CTS I bought it with 26000 on the clock. The tyres were original Bridgestones on the rear and part worn Michelin Pilots on the front. I replaced the Pilots with another 2 Pilots at 44000 and still have the Bridgestones on the rear.

As far as I am concerned the Pilots give plenty of grip at the front.

I will shortly replace the rears with the Pilots from the front and put 2 new Pilots on the front.

Hope this helps.

I got them from

www.camskill.co.uk

and I went for slightly wider/lower and they were £55 each delivered which I think is a bargain.

I've done over 1000 miles on them now and I would say they are 20% better in the dry than the michelins and 70% better in the wet, they are softer so are not going to last as long but I want grip upmost so i'm well chuffed...

St3ve, Blacksheep , hatzidi2 & anyone else with 205 50 16's

Did you notice and negative effects of fittin the wider tyres? Was there much difference at all (pos or neg)?

Its goin to be tyre time for me soon :( , i was just going to fit standard size but started thinkin of the 205's.

Cheers

Bero

St3ve, Blacksheep , hatzidi2 & anyone else with 205 50 16's

Did you notice and negative effects of fittin the wider tyres? Was there much difference at all (pos or neg)?

I haven't noticed any, just better grip... :drool:

• 3 weeks later...

hi got a t sport 04 it was fitted with michelin pilots, :D great tyers but a little pricey £125 each but a dam good tyre( Bridgestone is a soft tyre ) hope it helps ifan

The only thing I've noticed is that turn-in is a little slower than before, but I put that down to the extra width.

Well happy with the tyres though, they performed well at a recent session at Castle Combe :D

Eagle F1 GS-D3's @ £78 /Corner Fitted, Balanced, Etc. Excellent grip in both the wet/dry.

HTH

think that next trye will have to be Toyos after what loads of people have been telling me about them

• 6 months later...

Will 205/55/r16 fit a standard T sport rim?

Will I see any improvements?

Is it safe?!?!?!? :wacko:

i would not fit 205/55/16, that size tyre has a bigger diameter making the speedo wrong.

205/50/16 is the correct size. :thumbsup:

Try this Linky

Not sure how correct it is with its figures but from what is says 205 55s and 205 50s are ok as the differences are within tolerance

If you have 205 55s your diameter is larger but I can't remember if larger makes your speedo over read or under read?

I swear its under read! Anybody know?

Anyhows 205 50s are the way to go!!!

By the way i've been told if your converting to 205 you best changing all 4 tyres over to 205s is this just shop talk as they want your cash for crimbo or is that the defo way to do it?

Rolley

According to my tables

195/65r16 are 24,44" diameter for a tread of 7,52" if speedo is 65 mph

205/50r16 are 24,07" diameter for a tread of 8,00" then speedo read 64 mph

205/55r16 are 24,88" diameter for a tread of 8,00" then speedo read 66 mph

215/50r16 are 24,46" diameter for a tread of 8,45" then speedo read 65 mph :thumbsup:

But to find the later one :wacko:

think the insurance company will chew the little round ones off if you don't have the correct speed rating for the tyres. think they have to be rated at 140mph.

Way back I fitted 205/50/16's to my original T-Sport and I think I spoiled the handling.

The car seemed to roll more on cornering and I didn't enjoy it as much.

I sold the car with them on so I assume later owners just kept that size ;)

think the insurance company will chew the little round ones off if you don't have the correct speed rating for the tyres. think they have to be rated at 140mph.

thats a bit of a can of worms to be honest mate!!!

Every insurance company is different, so you'll have to check. Speed ratings will only ever come into play when you are on the auto-bahn because our roads are limited. So if you were in a crash and you were doing 140 with speed rated H's on then you'd be liable for dangerous/high speed driving. The insurance company won't blame your tyres they will blame the driver for driving in excess of the speed limit.

But as i said you gotta check with your insurance company.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links