Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Road Rage

Caz SR

[rant]

Minding my own business driving on the M4 this morning, I had to overtake a car in the middle lane because a lorry pulled in front of it - I check mirrors, indicate, loads of room in the outside lane, move across.

THEN this idiot in a Merc decides to take offence at my manouvere (even though he was several metres behind and driving at a slowish pace) and drives right up behind me flashing his full beams on and off.

Okaaay I thought - any minute now he's going to realise he's being an a :censor: se and back off. Does he? NO!! He drives right behind me with his full beams on (my retinas are still spotted as I type). So by a couple of miles down I've had enough and tap my brake and stick my finger up at him.

What do you know? Mr 'Big' man cacks himself, switches off the full beams and backs right off.

We came to some roadworks near a junction and I move across... slowly he creeps past me and I look out the window, point and laugh at him then wiggle my little finger to indicate the probable size of his anatomy... he quickly looks away and continues to drive under 70mph in the outside lane, holding everyone else up.

I am sick of it!!! Who gives anyone the right to drive like that and 'presume' they own the outside lane, just because they own a bigger car than me and particularly as I didn't cut him up or anything like it??

[/rant]

I'm still annoyed, but it did get me thinking... How do peeps calm down after something like this? I'm a bit disappointed I rose to it, but it's very hard when someone acts like that and I don't see why I should accept pointless s :ffs: it...

I 99% of the time take the bait :(

But then I don't tailgate and I only flash ppl if they *really* carve me up.

Glad I didn't last night though :D

There are some propper numpty on the road, especially on motorways. I always tap my breaks if some one is on my ar5e, the fear on there face is a picture :lol: They cack themselves and stay as far back s they can

Well i think you handled it very well :)

I usually change down a gear to do some engine braking in front of them.

That REALLY makes em cack themselves when they cant see the brake lights :yes:

I wasn't a black S class was it? :lol:

I must admit I don;t usually havea proble with people sat up my ****.... I just boot it and they tend to drop back... if they don't, flame em :D

AS for calming down, I usually use my fave word... repeatedly :thumbsup:

Your favourite word rocks :D Its my favourite word too now :thumbsup:

Too many nutters out there so I just ignore it, I've had a few incidents when I've been out on the bike, back wheel getting nudged at traffic lights and cars passings with little room to spare.

Your favourite word rocks :D Its my favourite word too now :thumbsup:

Woohooo!!!!

I am sure Charis will thank me profusely :lol:

Ive never had a really peed off person doin that kinda thing just the point makers. If they just doin their thing ill shake my head and smile, if they beep me i seem to have developed this twitch in my left arm which makes my middle finger shoot into the air. If they really drive up my ****, and because its usually pretty obvious im a smoker cos i have a cig in my mouth, I remove the ashtray and hold it in full view of them and gesticulate im going to empty it out the window in front of them.... its their choice then... get away from my ***** or have a car covered in cig butts an ash ...now that usually works if they can comprehend what im indicating ;) Course being in a fast manouverable car can help dramatically in the escape....

as for relaxing afterwards i do a lil bit of breathing exercises while thinking about holly valance, a spray cream aerosol and and chocolate sauce..... make me feel all nice :P

Gooooooooooooooooossfraba

Tense lot today, aren't we? :blowup:

I try not to get to upset nowadays when I see anyone do something daft on the road. There are so many idiots out there, if I let it bother me, I'd be a nervous wreck. :crazy:

Try stroking a kitten or something. :P

Usually a calm sort of person, till someone passes with their fogs on, then it's time to man the verbal battle stations! :D

I keep myself calm by singing in the car... :D

Usually a calm sort of person, till someone passes with their fogs on,

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yes :lol: I'll not go into my usual response :thumbsup:

I feel pretty....... oh so pretty.............

You've gotta make 'em learn...

Those ppl do suck in their Merc's... if they're gonna drive like muppets, they need to be told!! ;)

I gave a guy in a BMW (a **** one at that) a little lesson not too long ago.. laughed my **** off all day! :D

But there's no point. Well, no point than making yourself feel better anyway.

When did you last hear anyone say "Oh, me? No, I'm not a good driver"?

;)

I say it all the time .. I'm a rubish driver .. :lol:

Yeah.. I can vouch for that f :censor: g terrible driver...

Rubish at spelling too! :laughing: ;)

Yeah.. I can vouch for that f :censor: g terrible driver...

Least I've got 2 hot cars to make up for it .. your excuse? :D

I'm *not* a good driver, I'm over confident, over agressive, have little tollerance, snobby to other cars, and my speed awareness is shocking ..

But I don't drive with fogs on, I have reasonable lane dicipline, don't tailgate, always indicate, have OK control over the car (can reverse park which seems to be a problem for 75% of drivers on a Saturday).

I'm no Colin McRae though ..

Rubish at spelling too! :laughing: ;)

There is a differance between spelling and my typing ;)

"Least I've got 2 hot cars to make up for it .. your excuse? "

Excuse?? Don't need one! ...also.. you won't have 2 cars soon :P

Last time someone cut me up in Notts, they've waved sarcastically at me we we got to the lights. I blew 'em a kiss and fipped 'em - I was a bit pee'ved as they near enough took the wing off of my car. He turned around in his seat and made the "what's your problem gesture" then stuck his head out of the window and held out a police stripey eppaulette thingy like that made it okay.

I backed down but really I should've just shouted "And? That makes it okay to drive like a **** does it?"

When people tailgate me, I usually just drop my speed... just as it says in the HC. That way, if it IS an undercover copper, they can't do diddly about it.

Excuse?? Don't need one! ...also.. you won't have 2 cars soon :P

heh heh, you are a more agressive driver than I am ..

I backed down but really I should've just shouted "And? That makes it okay to drive like a **** does it?"

Totally agree .. Linky

I can't stand people who do that, if that was me, I'd be raging at them.... and I'm placid as normally!

"I've spent 50k on a car so that gives me rights to use whatever lane I want at whatever speed I want"

:censor: off does it! But thats the mentality of these people...

I'd have been wound up too Caz, it annoys me that they go all high and mighty based on the car they drive vs my car, as if its going to impress me or something?

Well, it doesnt, it just makes them look like a ******! Nice car mate, shame about the driver.... :lol:

Lol.

The best one is when you're coming to a T-junction, preparing to turn right.

Someone comes blazing along from the left, turns in, and cuts the corner.

As my driving instructor told me, "keep your foot planted, and don't touch your brakes. Wait for their reaction...."

Get at least one of them a week now, and the expressions are priceless!

:D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links