Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 1.4 T3 Or Yaris Tsport

p11p

which one would you have and why?

yaris tsport? 2005

corolla 1.4 t3? 2002

the yaris, i reckon the 1.4 in the rollas are a bit weak as mine could do with a power hike and thats a 1.6!

Got to be the Yaris! :yes:

My brother has a 2005 Yaris T-Sport and he had a problem with his alarm (in the firstweek of ownership from brand new) as it was over sensitive. Anyway, he got a Corolla 1.4 T3 as a courtesy car whilst his Yaris was getting sorted and the Corolla was wildly underpowered and that was him driving it 'enthusiastically'!

Unless you need the space, the Yaris is probably a better bet. They seem to be holding their resale value better than the Corollas too :crybaby:

Paul.

I'd go for the Yaris personally out of the two :yes:

I'd go for the Yaris personally out of the two :yes:

u know u want one :P

Yeah, out of the two i would have a Yaris TS, and definately with the same exhaust as yours :yes::thumbsup: but add "Celica GT4" to the choices and i'd change my mind :P

I am going to contradict everyone now...lol

My partner had her heart set on a thunder grey Yaris Ts. Found a nice one and decided to go and have a look at it, nice car but she did not really like the driving position and it seemed very plastic and cheap inside...(Sorry)

She then spotted a Corolla T3 in the corner and wondered over and had a sit in it and started smiling again. You actually sat in it not on it as you did in the yaris, ok it might not have been as fast, but it felt stronger and better built and felt much more car like. I was surprised how much room there was in the back I am 6'3 and had no problems in the back with leg room, thats a first for me...lol I cannot even get in the back of my celica....lol

Now she is wanting a Corolla Ts...lol

PaulT if your worried about resale try owning a celica, I'm shocked how much I have lost in the last three years :o(

If I was you, I would take both out and see what you like or just buy a Corolla Ts

Discodave - I know exactly what you mean. The old Yaris was disappointing for me in two ways, which are shared by many other cars.

1. The quality and finish of the exterior is not matched by the interior, which in my mind is silly, because its the inside which I will spend all my time looking at. I'd gladly get a vomit coloured car if it meant free leather seats!

2. That digital readout for the dashboard just irritates me, though that's far more personal opinion, and I'd guess that I would get used to it if I had to. The one benefit some of my friends have said, though, is that your parent in the passenger seat can't see what speed you are doing!

In my case, my choice came down to the new Suzuki swift (a much, much better car than you would expect from their past offerings), or the Corolla. Part of me still regrets not getting the more exciting car, but the Corolla was definitely the better choice.

David.

As i used to own a YTS :crybaby: i would have to say go for that as my wife drives the rolla 1.4 tspirit :!Removed!: and it sucks but my new rolla ts would be a better choice still :thumbsup:

2. That digital readout for the dashboard just irritates me

The Yaris T-Sport has analogue dials! :thumbsup:

yaris TS is more powerful than 1.4VVTi rolla, which is more heavier. so if you want to be faster take yaris TS.

but when i was buying a toyota, yaris was the first car where I tried to sit.. i had a strange feelings about that.

then I tried corolla and i decided that i don't want yaris. my ex-gril firend has yaris (not TS) and it has much worse handling than rolla. I'm not sure how much better is yaris TS (i hope it is) but i don't like it.

so it's up to you what you preffer and what are you awaiting from tha car.

try both and you;ll decide.

the main reason i was looking at a yaris t sport is becasue of the insurance, i have a corolla at the min and the insurance is going to be more expensive due to the alloy wheels, tte exhaust and tinted windows.

i have been quoted about £600 for the yaris t sport and more or less £900 for the corolla (due to the modifications).

the main reason i was looking at a yaris t sport is becasue of the insurance, i have a corolla at the min and the insurance is going to be more expensive due to the alloy wheels, tte exhaust and tinted windows.

i have been quoted about £600 for the yaris t sport and more or less £900 for the corolla (due to the modifications).

tinted windows??? what a nonsense! I never heard of that... strange manners :blink:

but I suppose you'd do some modifications no yaris too...

Why not try a corolla Ts, have you had an insurance quote yet?

My Celica with Dynamic and Premium Pack cost me more to insure than a celica Ts which these packs come as standard :(

• 1 month later...

which one would you have and why?

yaris tsport? 2005

corolla 1.4 t3? 2002

i own a corolla t sport but my brother ownes a yaris t sport i had a gow it puts a smile on your face great little car yaris any day :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links