Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stop! Carry On......

Blaze

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blaze

• daz364

• earpl

• Flat Pack

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooh and they make my insurance cheaper!! :lol: :P

Can I ask if this is a guess or have you actually phoned the insurance company and they told you so?

ooooh and they make my insurance cheaper!! :lol: :P

Can I ask if this is a guess or have you actually phoned the insurance company and they told you so?

yes i have phoned them :yes:

ok first of all taken the car out myself no lock up from the rear unfortunatly, that would make it loads more interesting to drive, no abs faults, thats what they invented abs lights for, and the work was carried out by a fully qualified mechanics who know what they are doing, not monkeys who think they know what they are doing.

Didn't you fix a toc members brakes that where dangerous and leaking fluid after fitting new calipers,i wouldnt want them getting hurt cos they are a really good friend

Glad to hear you have taken the car out yourself Daz... wouldnt want little Yaz getting anyone into trouble...

But no need to be nasty... Dave did a top job of fitting Skye's calipers... wasnt his fault I hadnt got new crush washers .... and there is nothing wrong with her brakes now.. they are fine...

I personally dont know the technicalities of big brakes vs. little brakes.. so I bow out now..

Theyre on....they work....been tested and theyre safe....what do you want me to do take them off??

I posted it here because im proud of them not to be patronised that theyre dangerous....why would i want to risk harm to myself???

Surely if Dave feels they may be dangerous though, he has a right to forewarn you - if you're happy with the brakes then thats cool Shaz, but Daves doing the right thing by letting you know the issues IMO!

Theyre on....they work....been tested and theyre safe....what do you want me to do take them off??

I posted it here because im proud of them not to be patronised that theyre dangerous....why would i want to risk harm to myself???

I wouldn't have said he was patronising you, he mentioned a valid point that I would never of thought about, as long as you've considered it & you know you're safe that's all that matters. Be careful you don't put people off suggesting thing's that could make your car safer :thumbsup:

I wouldn't have said he was patronising you, he mentioned a valid point that I would never of thought about, as long as you've considered it & you know you're safe that's all that matters. Be careful you don't put people off suggesting thing's that could make your car safer :thumbsup:

yeah, i dont think he was patronising..

the key to brakes is to have a balanced setup.. converting the rears to T-sport Discs while leaving 1.3 fronts does unbalance the setup, perhaps not significantly, but its a valid point, and it may be worth uprading the fronts to T-sport spec to ensure the balance is maintained..

If you're sure the brakes are fine, that's great:) A lot of people don't consider that sort of thing when doing brake upgrades though, they just think bigger brakes must be better regardless.

imo if people haven't got anything good to say they should keep it to them selves if disc brakes wasnt an upgrade from drums why havent they fitted the t sport with drums then why did they invent rear discs

imo if people have got anything good to say they should keep it to them selves if disc brakes wasnt an upgrade from drums why havent they fitted the t sport with drums then why did they invent rear discs

eh?

what you said makes no sense to me...

I thought all the comments were that rear discs are an upgrade.. but as has been said, the key to brakes is balance - hence why i said if your upgrading the rear to T-Sport spec, you should consider upgrading the front to it too... :thumbsup:

as far as im aware the only differance between front discs is ABS models and no ABS models so if its got ABS it should have the same as TS front discs, but actually im pretty sure the TS has disc and drum setup hence huge rear hubs

i think clarky said the pads where diffrent in the 1.3 it defiatly has abs cos it clicks when you try and lock it up

imo if people haven't got anything good to say they should keep it to them selves if disc brakes wasnt an upgrade from drums why havent they fitted the t sport with drums then why did they invent rear discs

People do have good things to say! :yes:

However, if you guys didnt want to hear advice, perhaps it shouldnt have been posted about in the first place! Its not like anyone is slagging off your work, they're merely offering some advice and help - whats the problem with that?? I dont see any, but if your happy with it, then fairplay but dont throw your dolly out the pram because someone is trying to help!!

as far as im aware the only differance between front discs is ABS models and no ABS models so if its got ABS it should have the same as TS front discs, but actually im pretty sure the TS has disc and drum setup hence huge rear hubs

Not quite Lee - some models have a Bendix type braking system (French built?) which have a longer pad and there are also the t-sport style...

Non-Bendix style (T-Sport & Japan, I guess)

Bendix Style (France?)

There may also be ABS/non-ABS differences, but I don't know

Kudos to ebcbrakesdirect.com for that :thumbsup:

A

was just lookin for discs once it said differance for abs models 235mm r 255mm

IIRC I think the T Sport Front Discs are 255mm diameter, and the 1.3 & 1.0l are 235mm.

Yes the pads are different in the 1.3's, the T Sport pads are larger, and there is a difference on the lower models depending on whether it is a Jap or French built car.

Anyway whats with the aggressiveness in this topic, I guess when you try to help someone or offer advice, and its not what they want to here, there dummy gets spat out of the pram. All I can say is use that key from the corned beef can to roll your bottom lip back up! :lol:

I totally agree with Flat Pack, especially taking into account the FF layout of a yaris (very nose heavy, and even more so under braking).

I think Daz has taken the wrong end of the stick... there isa subtle different between just being facetious, and expressing a genuine concern...

ok first of all taken the car out myself no lock up from the rear unfortunatly, that would make it loads more interesting to drive...

Sounds very dangerous to me, but I'll take your word for it, clearly you are an expert.....

the work was carried out by a fully qualified mechanics who know what they are doing, not monkeys who think they know what they are doing.

I am sure they are excellent mechanics (I personally don't trust any mechanic.. but thats just me being pedantic!), Although I would be weary of any garage that would fit used, grooved brake disks to a car!

Still if it is all balanced up properly, it looks like you may have founda good cheap upgrade :thumbsup:

I am sure they are excellent mechanics (I personally don't trust any mechanic.. but thats just me being pedantic!), Although I would be weary of any garage that would fit used, grooved brake disks to a car!

Still if it is all balanced up properly, it looks like you may have founda good cheap upgrade :thumbsup:

agreed, there just the same retards you see at college banging their heads on walls, i'd especially never trust a dealer to do anything cause they seem to be bigger retards than anyone else, gimps at toyota couldn't even tighten up a power steering belt............

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links