Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kits?

BIGRED

Hi all :thumbsup:

Has anybody got an aftermarket air filter or exhaust fitted to their avensis? :huh:

If so which brand? Ive been looking for a while now but can only seem to find a K&N replacement panel filter? Ive had K&N air filters on just about every vehicle ive owned (nissan almera/renault clio/toyota MR2/suzuki dr125/suzuki bandit 600) and now the times come to try and make my avensis sound a bit aggresive :eek:

Regards Mick

I've got a Sebring exhaust on mine (purchased from Ken - sorted avensis). I've also had the centre box removed for a bit more power and slightly louder note.

I've tried to look for an after market air filter, but can only find the panel option aswell. I did much research, and some said that an induction kit from a celica (7A-FE) version, may infact reduce performance. K&N aslo said they have no intention on producing one for the mark 1 avensis.. :(

problem i found before i bought my panel filter, it that unlike some cars, the air flow meter is in the lid of the air-box, as for the exhaust, i fitted a magnex back-box with a custon made exhaust to the cat....... however i can't find a replacment sports cat foe the car (to keep it legal)

Thanks for the info :thumbsup: I think im going to go with the K&N panel filter and a POWERFLOW custom made exhaust, back-box all the way to the cat to keep it legal. Also this might be an obvious question but if the air flow meter is in the lid of the air-box that means i will not have to get in set-up because it will basicaly adjust itself (fuel to air mixture)? :huh:

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Also this might be an obvious question but if the air flow meter is in the lid of the air-box that means i will not have to get in set-up because it will basicaly adjust itself (fuel to air mixture)? :huh:

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Yeah, no set up required mate.

I have pondered over just getting a straight pipe and K&N cone. Drilling a small hole in the straight pipe and pushing the air flow sensor into it that way.. B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links