Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Updates

Fyldean

Hi All,

I'm just getting to grips with the SAT NAV in our new XT4 after having used a TomTom 300. I'm still not sure which I prefer, however one thing is certain - the DVD that came with the car is somewhat out of date. Looking closely at the disk it appears that it was produced in 2004 - so it is not surprising!!

Can anyone please advise how often these are updated and an approximate cost? In the world of TomTom it's a case of downloading software from the web and updating the box but I bet I can't burn anything to a DVD for the Toyota system??

Cheers,

Mike

I'm just getting to grips with the SAT NAV in our new XT4 after having used a TomTom 300. I'm still not sure which I prefer, however one thing is certain - the DVD that came with the car is somewhat out of date. Looking closely at the disk it appears that it was produced in 2004 - so it is not surprising!!

Hi Mike. Can't help you with the DVD, but quick question... do you have the large touch-screen colour SatNav, or a different Toyota one?

(I've ordered a T180, which has the touch screen one, and I'll be mightily unhappy if it has a 2004 DVD on a brand new car!)

Ta

Daern

Hi Mike. Can't help you with the DVD, but quick question... do you have the large touch-screen colour SatNav, or a different Toyota one?

(I've ordered a T180, which has the touch screen one, and I'll be mightily unhappy if it has a 2004 DVD on a brand new car!)

Hi Daern,

Ours only uses the small b/w screen of the Radio etc - it was ordered as part of the 'Technical Pack' option on an XT4, but yes - this is a brand new car and the DVD appears to be a 2004 vintage - not very impressed. If it appears that there is a more recent DVD available then I can feel a call to the dealer coming on...

Mike

Hi Daern,

Ours only uses the small b/w screen of the Radio etc - it was ordered as part of the 'Technical Pack' option on an XT4, but yes - this is a brand new car and the DVD appears to be a 2004 vintage - not very impressed. If it appears that there is a more recent DVD available then I can feel a call to the dealer coming on...

Mike

Can you tell me where the DVD Sat Nav disc is located on the new Rav 4!

Can you tell me where the DVD Sat Nav disc is located on the new Rav 4!

If you've got the touchscreen system (which you have, as we were chatting on an adjacent thread ;) ) then I believe it's behind the touchscreen. Open it up and there's two slots - one for audio CDs and one marked DVD, which I assume contains the map.

Of course, this was based on a 20 minute test drive, so I might have been dreaming...

Daern

That sounds a very sensible idea...

• 2 weeks later...

I too have got a touch screen sat nav but we got it put in our 2004 rav 4 6 months after we got the car by sparkydog who did a great job.

I have got a 2004 disk in mine and i would be intrested if anybody has any info for updates as it does have a few roads missing now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links