Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exercise

Caz SR

That's great advice - thank you :)

I luckily have quite a fast metabolism so I'm not looking to loose weight as such, but tone up the little extra I have. People who've been eating out with me notice I get full very quickly. I just can't seem to eat the same amounts as most peeps. Not sure if this is anything to do with my metabolism or the fact I've always ate quite slowly, so it gives me time to fill full sooner than others. (?)

However I'm very guilty of snacking, so whilst big meals are a challenge, I can happily scoff crisps, sweets and all the bad stuff. I've tried cutting down on those so I typically only have one bag of crisps a day (if that) and perhaps some salted microwave popcorn instead (my current vice) some evenings.

I think my real issue is getting the exercise to tone up what's always been there, but starts to wobble a bit and become more apparent with age :laughing:

you eat out with lee even ben dosnt eat much compared to him

just do some sit ups etc go for a walk, find someone with a rowing machine a concept one they are awesome non impact and are just grea excersise good fun too

you eat out with lee even ben dosnt eat much compared to him

just do some sit ups etc go for a walk, find someone with a rowing machine a concept one they are awesome non impact and are just grea excersise good fun too

It might seem like he's eating a lot, but he's normally just finishing off what I haven't got room for hehe :)

I used to have a rowing machine at home, but it was really dodgy and the seat came flying off the back mid-row. Had a nice bruise right on my spine after that :wacko: Is the one you mention Ed expensive/big? I don't really have a lot of space to store stuff like that you see.

they are not cheap, but worth joining a gym for you realy cant get better excersie for the fun of it

Reading Rowing Club might do a cheap landtraining-only membership. I know Marlow RC does, and it means you get to use decent rowing machines much more cheaply than in a normal gym.

Plus you can join in with endurance weights circuits, which are another excellent body-shaping workout, even for girls!

Paul.

After reading this I've realised, once again that I need to start doing more exercise.

I used to walk everywhere before I learnt to drive, walked into Town and back, took my bike out etc..really helped keep the weight down :yes: and keep certain area's toned.

A tip I picked up from one of the guys at the gym -

Don't drink cold water with/after a meal, as the cold water slows down the breaking down process of food.

Again as other have said eat little and often :thumbsup: !

And bin the booze/coke, chocolate, and crisp ...... as well as helping you cut down on your calories/food intake it will also make you feel better and will improve the complexion of your skin (note - I don't actually know you, but that is one of the effects that has happened to me)

Also you say that you don't really want to join a gym but I say give it ago ..... I feel so much more motivated and healthier after a visit to the gym. Maybe you could join one for a few months?

We have all sorts of gym gear... rowing machines, sit up frame thingys, bench presses and weights... I have never used any of them and don't intend to either.... :lol: I would offer you guys to use them if you wanted, but they are ancient and not very good anymore... That and the fact that my dad decided to set them up in a shed which si not the most pleasant place to work out, or have a sunbed lmfao.

Your best bet for simple, effective, cheap work out is to go for a run... it costs nothing and once you have a set route you can time yourself to give yourself a goal to beat.... next best is go mountain biking (something I keep idling thinking about taking up again, before I realise I can't actually be ubikd)

iPods etc really help when going for runs, but I would never use one if running in a built up area!! (Its ok on the forest trails around here)

There was once I time when I was incredibly athletic :lol::lol::lol: college cross coutry team, six pack the lot.... The msot exercise I get these days is the occasional engine transplant :!Removed!:

I simply can't be a rsed anymore... B)

its not as if my parntner is trying to keep in shape!

Hmmmm that cold water thing.... I was told that cold water actually speeds up the metabolism?...

but cutting down on alcohol.. sad as it may seem.. will help... for the body will always try to get rid of the 'poison' before burning off food... hence your food will sit there for longer :P

Well I played badminton last night... was great fun.. had a good hours worth of playing

In that case surely cutting out the food instead of the alcohol would be more feasible!!!

I know whcih I'd miss more :D

Thanks everyone - I've heard different stories on the cold water thing, although drinking it at room temperature seems to be the most favourable (not with me though, makes it taste rank somehow :P ) Charlie - I know what you mean about the iPod and trust me, I have no intention of jogging with mine in my area :!Removed!:

Well I've just completed my first stage of exercise...

Lugging a piece of exercise equipment up a multistory to my car on the 6th floor!! Haha :laughing:

I decided to buy a step resistance machine because I can use it in my bedroom. It times each session and counts down calories and works the areas I'm aiming to tone up. Plus I can side step on it and use the resistance tubes for the upper body;

3025903SPA64UC218694M.jpg

I still plan to do something like cycling/swimming, but this will hopefully fill in the gaps when I'm at home :)

I have just remembers Millys "exercise plan"

It involved playing with the playstation 2 Eye toy.... there is a dance game that works out how many calories you have burnt off!!!!

I tried playing GT4 for a few hours but didn't seem to burn off anything... (I have a cool collections of supras in the game though ;) )

there is an alternative nobodies covered yet :yes: i personally use this ...lol me(ill likely be dead by 45 :D)

but research suggests that imagineing doing exercise, visualizing it and really getting into the visualisation increases heartrate, bloodpressure, burns calories and that it is possible to successfully burn plenty calories this way.... cant quote a source like but i know this has been proposed and not on april 1st ;)

there is an alternative nobodies covered yet :yes: i personally use this ...lol me(ill likely be dead by 45 :D)

but research suggests that imagineing doing exercise, visualizing it and really getting into the visualisation increases heartrate, bloodpressure, burns calories and that it is possible to successfully burn plenty calories this way.... cant quote a source like but i know this has been proposed and not on april 1st ;)

Yep and add posing in the mirror to that one to ;) !

Flexing what you have and holding your stomach in helps :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links