Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Granvia 3.0 Turbo Diesel

John Patterson

Hi,

I am about to purchase a 1996 Granvia and would welcome any help and information on availability of parts, towing performance and any other comments fellow members can forward to me.

Regards,

John

• 2 months later...

Hi John

Bit late, but found your post just now. I got mine last August from Algy's Autos - in fact it's the one they show on their site! It's a beautiful car, and we tow a 16ft boat with it. The larger engine makes towing very easy. The car is heavy on fuel as it's a TD (turbo diesel), not a TDi. I get low 20's from it, but this is constant, same if towing, in townb and on journeys. I drive it with kid gloves and it still drinks fuel, so it may be worth flogging it around to see if it makes any difference. I have blasted down the motorway which it does with ease and without noticeable fuel difference. It is very nippy, and will nip around like a little sports car which is a bit unerving if you're not prepared for it! I have to say I do very low mileage, so I'm not too worried, tho I feel a bit guilty about pollution. They'll run without modification on bio-diesel which is carbon neutral. Toyota list them, so parts aren't a problem. It's basically a posh HiAce van, so servicing is fine. The comfort level, finish etc is much better than the Lucida which I had previously.

I am about to purchase a 1996 Granvia and would welcome any help and information on availability of parts, towing performance and any other comments fellow members can forward to me.

Regards,

John

• 2 years later...

I've also just bought a 96 granvia 3.0td or Mystery machine as my friends call it. I had mine serviced at the local garage and am getting between 29 and 30 mpg constant which I can live with. May consider the bio diesel option after a while but living in Norway its all 50 miles an hour limit here so easy on the fuel anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links