Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Navigation/screen Problems

David E

Hi All.

My first post so if I screw up protocols apologies in advance. I have two queries and have so far found it impossible to get any sense out of anyone. I have just imported from Japan a 2004 Landcruiser VX G Selection (very nice). Problem is the entire electronic system is in Japanese. Nav system, which is also tv etc etc. Pleasant enough sounding Japanese lady talks to me about every three minutes?? Fun the first three or four times, less fun on a six hour drive. Question one, is it possible to get English software or have some other kind of conversion made?

Question two, more problematic. The display on the screen disappeared a week ago, i.e. it does not illuminate at all except for about one second when the engine starts, when everything appears to be normal. Then the screen goes out. The systems still seem to be working i.e I remember where the air con points are on the screen and as I touch the right places the air con does what it is supposed to - thus the problem seems to be just one of illumination.

The system has not come with a manual and all the controls have japanese characters on so in case you can offer me any advice you may have to tell me to "press the second button from the top" become if you say "press the 'menu' button" I will not have a clue which one you mean. I guess the manual must have some kind of 'trouble shooting' section. It is quite possible that I, or my nine year daughter have pressed one of the buttons and turned the screen off - but it sure as heck will not turn back on. Any help will be massively appreciated. I tried the local Toyota dealer, but they were unfamiliar with the system!

I am from the UK, but in Sri Lanka with the UN. Cheers, David :

• 7 years later...

Not very hopeful of being much help. Often the complete system needs changing.

On OE (original equipment) audio, etc the model number is on the fascia of the equipment - for example TNS 510 (TNS stands for Toyota Navigation System). Are you able to quote a model number from the front of the stereo/sat nav system?

• 2 weeks later...

It was a hassle. I just changed the whole system.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links