Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urgent, Newbie Needs Help

s3boy

Hi

:help:

i have just come across this site, i am a bit stuck, and i needed some advice on a 2002 toyota corolla t2 vvti, the car is a 1.4, i have been offered this car cheap, but the catch is, it does not come with any keys, the car is legit, and the person selling it does have the log book, i need to know if toyota will be able to make me a set of keys without having any key to copy and if they can how much will it cost? i need to know by about 8.am tomorrow morning and the local toyota garage does not open until 8.30am!!

If anyone out there could help me it would be most appreciated.

thanks

:thumbsup:

Hi

:help:

i have just come across this site, i am a bit stuck, and i needed some advice on a 2002 toyota corolla t2 vvti, the car is a 1.4, i have been offered this car cheap, but the catch is, it does not come with any keys, the car is legit, and the person selling it does have the log book, i need to know if toyota will be able to make me a set of keys without having any key to copy and if they can how much will it cost? i need to know by about 8.am tomorrow morning and the local toyota garage does not open until 8.30am!!

If anyone out there could help me it would be most appreciated.

thanks

:thumbsup:

if you don't have the key number supplied with the keys think you will need new lock set and immobiliser complete. what happened to all the keys ?have you had a check done on it ? is the log book the new one (v5c) as old one phased out last year and no longer valid. personally i would be weary and would not buy as there are 3 keys supplied from new so someone has access to the vehicle and if it went missing don't know how insurance would react.sounds suspicious to me. not sure of the price of the locks but wouldn't be suprised at £700+ as toyota have you over a barrel and you have to buy from them.also the log book is for the registered keeper not always the legal owner why the rush to sell ??????

How are you going to test drive the car without any keys?

Don't think it's really a very good idea to buy something you haven't actually driven.

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links