Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What

acemiko

:crybaby: whats this dealer on ??? or are they right?

http://cars.yahoo.co.uk/ctl/do/midi?offerI...t¤tPage=1

if so need that induction kit a.s.a.p :thumbsup:

It is possible that the pre-facelift was 187BHP and the facelift model 189BHP as there were some minor changes to the engine if I'm not mistaken? In fact I always thought it was 187, then the 189 figure started popping up everywhere!

Both pre-facelift and facelift models have the same engine, therefore sam power output, the changes made were simply trim, lower suspension and a strut if I'm not mistaken.

It'll probably be 189PS when you look into it, which is about 187bhp ..

If you think an induction kit will make a big differance, you are wrong.

It'll probably be 189PS when you look into it, which is about 187bhp ..

If you think an induction kit will make a big differance, you are wrong.

Well I got a recorded 199.9BHP with just the Typhoon Induction kit... so I'd say that is a BIG difference BHP per £ would you not? :angry: And there's a noticeable difference on the road too! :thumbsup:

Have you got your dyno plots with wheel BHP ? I'd be interested to see them.

Also any details on how the car was setup? Directing a cold fan onto an open engine bay will "fudge" real world performance (unless you drive around with your bonnet up and with a massive fan on it).

Have you got your dyno plots with wheel BHP ? I'd be interested to see them.

Also any details on how the car was setup? Directing a cold fan onto an open engine bay will "fudge" real world performance (unless you drive around with your bonnet up and with a massive fan on it).

Dyno chart is in another post. I can't post anymore pics at the mo due to global limit being reached or something??? Wheel HP isn't great and I think this is down to the clutch which is being investigated by Toyota soon I hope.

Well will the fan not replicate the air flowing into the engine bay whilst driving!!!??? :P I don't think the cold air alone will add 11BHP... :lol: ...plus as u can see from my avatar, the fan is blowing straight at the grill, and is recirulating the surrounding air so won't be any colder than out on the road

You'd be supprised what cold air can do .. Difference between a cold day, and a hot day can be over 5% BHP difference. So on a 200bhp car that's 10bhp differance from summer to winter.

You can also fudge the coast down figures by pumping the tyres up hard, having a hotter outside temp than actual etc.

I only trust bonnet down (so you can replicate airflow through the rad and heat soak) wheel BHP power runs. There are too many variables in any other way. fw BHP is "pull a number out the air" time.

I'm just a non believer that a filter will give 10% gains on a modern NA car. On a turbo, where you are sucking air through at a higher rate, and with proper heat shielding and filter location, reasonable gains are possible.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...indpost&p=79755

Best gains - 14ps on a 300ps Supra

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...indpost&p=80016

Dyno details and why FW BHP is a pointless stat ..

You'd be supprised what cold air can do .. Difference between a cold day, and a hot day can be over 5% BHP difference. So on a 200bhp car that's 10bhp differance from summer to winter.

You can also fudge the coast down figures by pumping the tyres up hard, having a hotter outside temp than actual etc.

I only trust bonnet down (so you can replicate airflow through the rad and heat soak) wheel BHP power runs. There are too many variables in any other way. fw BHP is "pull a number out the air" time.

I'm just a non believer that a filter will give 10% gains on a modern NA car. On a turbo, where you are sucking air through at a higher rate, and with proper heat shielding and filter location, reasonable gains are possible.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...indpost&p=79755

Best gains - 14ps on a 300ps Supra

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...indpost&p=80016

Dyno details and why FW BHP is a pointless stat ..

Fair enough... but if you can feel a 5% difference on the road, it can't be all b@llsh1t. When they finally do get around to fitting the Dastek, I'll get a run done totally standard, with filter and with chip and filter...

Don't get me wrong .. on my car you can take the lid of the airbox and it sounds awesome, and the butt dyno says it's quicker ..

Temps double and I lose 5bhp .. but it feels quicker ;)

Be interested to see the uni-chip .. I know they have issues with VTEC atm, but I'll be looking into it when they resolve those issues .. the ability to adjust the timing will be the biggest gains.

I was told my Facelift T Sport was 200hp an increase on the 189hp model, so was I fibbed too...

I was told my Facelift T Sport was 200hp an increase on the 189hp model, so was I fibbed too...

id say so... cts 189bhp. all day everyday.... :thumbsup:

Afraid so mate. :rolleyes:

Gents,

Apologies to those of you who already know this but......

Both CTS pre and post facelift have the same engine, same engine bay, same engine managment, infact they are basically the same car.

Now let me educate you to the very slight cosmetic changes they made to the facelift model.

The rear light clusters are sort of slightly see through with circle bits showing through (they fit the earlier model).

The sill protectors in the base of the door way have been added to give it that boy racer chav look.

The pedals plates are now metal.

So thats official from Toyota, live with it.

That means all the CTS range have very bad suspension, very bad chassie roll, alloys that are too small, a completely useless gear box, a standard corolla clutch which is not up to the job of feeding 189BHP to the wheels and an airbox and filter that strangles the life out of the engine.

Not to mention if you drive them with any compulsion what so ever good look at seeing more that 27mpg.

In short Toyota have lost there balls and are now designing cars that dont come close.

If you want to fix the induction though, the best on the market at the minute is the Pipercross VIPER system, say goodbye to £225 and say hello to between 4-10% power gains, not that the clutch will let you use them.

That means all the CTS range have very bad suspension, very bad chassie roll, alloys that are too small, a completely useless gear box, a standard corolla clutch which is not up to the job of feeding 189BHP to the wheels and an airbox and filter that strangles the life out of the engine.

Not to mention if you drive them with any compulsion what so ever good look at seeing more that 27mpg.

In short Toyota have lost there balls and are now designing cars that dont come close.

If you want to fix the induction though, the best on the market at the minute is the Pipercross VIPER system, say goodbye to £225 and say hello to between 4-10% power gains, not that the clutch will let you use them.

I presume you were taken by gunpoint to buy yours then?

Gents,

Both CTS pre and post facelift have the same engine, same engine bay, same engine managment, infact they are basically the same car.

Now let me educate you to the very slight cosmetic changes they made to the facelift model.

The rear light clusters are sort of slightly see through with circle bits showing through (they fit the earlier model).

The sill protectors in the base of the door way have been added to give it that boy racer chav look.

I think you should be a Toyota salesman son, you'd make millions.....:thumbsup:

Gents,

you forgot the rain sensing wipers and the white dials inthe dash :thumbsup:

Gents,

So why is the brake fluid bottle on the other side???? (well I think it's the brake fluid... maybe it's the power steering?)

Also there is a difference to the airbox and the vaccuum hoses going to it as I found out when fitting my K&N Typhoon induction kit...

You also forgot to mention

New Front Spoiler

New Rear Spoiler

Larger door mirrors / new design decreases drag

Rain sensing wipers

Gearbox reworked for slicker gearchange

Lock to Lock steering reduced from 3.5 turns to 3.2 turns to help improve driving

New Front and rear coils and shocks inc rebound rear shocks again to improve handling

Anti roll strut bar on the front

Lowered by 20mm

There are other things like fog lamps repositioned and newly designed seats but hey I won't go on too much... :wacko:

You also forgot to mention

New Front Spoiler

New Rear Spoiler

Larger door mirrors / new design decreases drag

Rain sensing wipers

Gearbox reworked for slicker gearchange

Lock to Lock steering reduced from 3.5 turns to 3.2 turns to help improve driving

New Front and rear coils and shocks inc rebound rear shocks again to improve handling

Anti roll strut bar on the front

Lowered by 20mm

There are other things like fog lamps repositioned and newly designed seats but hey I won't go on too much... :wacko:

He he I didn't even want to go into all that! :D But glad you did...

blacksheep 1 burntblade 0 :lol:

So why is the brake fluid bottle on the other side???? (well I think it's the brake fluid... maybe it's the power steering?)

Also there is a difference to the airbox and the vaccuum hoses going to it as I found out when fitting my K&N Typhoon induction kit...

Yes, you are correct.

I just traded my 52 plate Cts for an 05 facelifted Cts yesterday and on popping the bonnet, there is definately a slight difference in the layout and a few pipes and things I haven't figured out yet.

The facelift is better built, it's tighter, not got used to the steering yet. It's a bit slow but that's because this only has 8000 miles and not run in (one lady owner...) and the old motor was used as intended ;)

Snert

Yes, you are correct.

I just traded my 52 plate Cts for an 05 facelifted Cts yesterday and on popping the bonnet, there is definately a slight difference in the layout and a few pipes and things I haven't figured out yet.

The facelift is better built, it's tighter, not got used to the steering yet. It's a bit slow but that's because this only has 8000 miles and not run in (one lady owner...) and the old motor was used as intended ;)

Snert

"was" used as intended, what are you going to use it for snert, or do we really need to ask ? :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links