Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 2006 D-4d Poor Mpg

Yaris '06

man, when will people learn?

Toyota has absolutly nothing to do with MPG tests. Nothing.

It is an govt mandated test, made so it can be repeated 100% every time you run it. Toyota can not claim more or less mpg.

Complaining about 50-60mpg in 90hp modern diesel vehicle...priceless.

HI, im new here in this forum,

well, im planning to buy a new toyota yaris 06, i already made up my with the color and engine size,

what i like to ask here, IS MMT Is good with the new yaris.

because i like to have a MMT, i just like to know if its okey for a normal driver like me,.. I live in norway so most of the time im taking highways.

i already ordered a car but with a munual gear. it will be deliver this august. but i like to make changes, change it to MMT because i have a problem (not good) starting the car in an uphill. im not good with clutch either.

i just want to have a relax and not stressing driving (because i feel stress changing gears often).

please inform me about this MMT. help me make my decision

hope to read some reply soon.

thanks

mark

Another question..

What color is the best for new yaris. is blue. ? what type of blue?. help me

The MMT would be fine for your described situation. It can be full-auto or clutchless manual when you want some control. Either way, it's a doddle.

Blue is always good, but we can't help you on colour! That's a pretty much personal choice! All I will tell you is that toyota paintwork is pretty thin! But you won't realise this for about 3 years!

Well here you can have Carlo or Vivid, both are gorgeous..... :thumbsup: Not sure about Norway, different countries sometimes have different colours....

PM Red_Yaris_54 about the MMT gearbox, he has one and is pretty much the master of the MMT.... :thumbsup:

My other half does 80 miles each day on M42 at approx 70/80mph and gets over 70mpg on every tank full.

Most accurate way to guage consumption is to fill to the brim every time and zero the counter.

We KNOW we should get over 650 miles each tank, but we always fill once we have covered 600 miles, we rarely look at the guage.

Yeah that's what I do - reset the Trip A odometer when filling up and go by that..when it gets to over 330 miles then I know it'll need refilling...got to that figure by reading on here what other members achieved with the same engine size (regardless of age of car). I can get from here (Essex) to Dover, (then by Eurotunnel over the Channel) through France to Belgium, back again and do approx 80 miles since then on one tank of fuel :lol: in a 1.3 with 12,000 miles on the clock! When filling up today it said 391 miles on the trip A odometer :o

I personally rely on the odometer more than anything now..as long as I'm getting above 330 I'm happy as I do a lot of mileage..so how about giving that a try basing it on what other D4D members achieve? Of course some of you have newer Yarii which are running in like Em said before so your engines havent fully loosened up yet ;)

Just an idea...

Well just turned 520 miles.

Still 2 bars left on the fuel gauge.

And I havent been hanging arround.

D4d.

That is great! I can't get anywhere near that! Still running out of fuel at 360 miles without fail. I don't hang around but I don't floor it all the time either! Physically calculcated consumption averaging 45.5MPG.

Only done 2000 miles, so engine is still loosing up I guess.......

Well just turned 520 miles.

Still 2 bars left on the fuel gauge.

And I havent been hanging arround.

D4d.

I've just been to Poole and back, and i got an average of 57.5mpg by the time i came off the motorway, so thats 150 miles average of 57.5mpg and although i was being gentle with it, i wasn't being silly!

The Vivid blue is acutally a Lexus colour i found out yesterday!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links