Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk Spec Vs Import Mr2

meltdown

hi guys and girls wonder if anyone can help solve a question ive got a uk spec 2.ol t-bar and a mate of mine has bought a g limited t-bar this week not only has my mate come out wi "mines better thans yours sh@t but also said that the g-limited is a quiker car uk spec 158bhp and g lmt 178bhp is this right i thought the 178bhp was from the later mr2s and not from rev1s which both cars are

cheers

hi guys and girls wonder if anyone can help solve a question ive got a uk spec 2.ol t-bar and a mate of mine has bought a g limited t-bar this week not only has my mate come out wi "mines better thans yours sh@t but also said that the g-limited is a quiker car uk spec 158bhp and g lmt 178bhp is this right i thought the 178bhp was from the later mr2s and not from rev1s which both cars are

cheers

PSsssssst...let you into a little secret, put the same RON fuel into a UK N/A and an import N/A of the same revision and guess what.......exactly the same performance. You are correct and your mate is misinformed as per the norm.

Bob

rev1/2 cars are 158bhp (st182) engines

rev3 cars are 178bhp (st202) engines

unless your really flash with the late BEAMS engine with around 200 i think

cheers

PSsssssst...let you into a little secret, put the same RON fuel into a UK N/A and an import N/A of the same revision and guess what.......exactly the same performance. You are correct and your mate is misinformed as per the norm.

Bob

cheers bob my mate came out wi its a different engine and bits added to it for jap spec etc glad to know i can put him right

Another little secret, the 158bhp model is quicker 0-60 than the 174bhp model by about a half second, due to better torque and weight/gearing advantages. The 174 bhp is a couple of mph better flat out.

• 2 weeks later...

yep, hes talking crap, performance wise there exactly the same.....

he may have the odd optional extra and probably less mileage, but 0-60 and everything else is the same.....

so stick it to him, lol.......

Hi mate,

once you've mentioned to him that his cars not faster or more powerful, you might want to ask how much his insurance cost, I've got a G-ltd, and it;s a bugger to insure

:crybaby:

Yeah then ask him to try and get MR T to work on his car!

My toyota dealer refuses to work on my import.

Gimps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links