Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adding An Additional Headunit

dave111

Just got a 2003 Toyota Corolla 1.6 t3, 5dr hatch.

Is it possible to add a standard size cd/radio headunit - and leave the built in Toyota cd/radio in place??

Rather not lose the trip computer etc.

also the FM radio reception is generally rubbish - any ideas?

thank you

If you find an answer to that question anywhere else please post it here too as i am also intrested in adding a mp3 player though like how the stock one fits in. I would also want to keep the computer.

Thanks

i once saw a corolla with a single din motorized dvd player in place of the storage compartement above the ashtray. i think it's only a matter of how u wire the two headunits together with the Speakers, but for sure it is possible.

think you'd need relays and a switch. Or you could take the output from one and feed into the aux of the other. Either way its a bit of a ballache to wire

Montee Centre H/U Install

Ok, after a bit of searching, found the person who done this install (Montee, your the man!! :thumbsup: )

I don't know if it's possible to use the OEM H/U and another H/U together, but even so, i'm sure it could be done.

I don't know why some people think the on-board computer is alot of help, from what i can remember, i though it was :censor:

I mean, it was saying i was doing an average of about 80MPG, and a current usage of 65MPG at going 90MPH, i mean even having it reset, still kept giving me silly reading, and i can't say that i miss it :lol:

for me it's more the fact that i like the way it integrates with the rest of the dash.... because to be honest i don't like the way a single din h/u fits with the fascia.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links