Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo+mmt

AygoMMT

Took delivery of my new Aygo on Thursday 4th May 2006.

I part exchanged my Rover 75 2.5ltr Connoisseur because I was spending as much time at the petrol pumps as I was on the road and although it was a nice car to drive it was also expensive to run, repair and insure so I decided that it was time to downsize.

I looked at the Panda, Picanto, Citroen and Peugeot but none of them caught my eye like the Aygo so I booked a test drive and from that moment I was hooked. I returned a week later to my local Toyota dealer in Preston and placed the order.

I purchased an Aygo+, 3 door with the optional MMT, Air Con and Carbon Quartz metallic paintwork.

This little car is superb. It drives and feels much better than I expected for the price. It has every comfort that I could possibly wish for and although the options I chose did push up the price, personally I think they have been well worth the extra money.

The MMT transmission is so easy to use and great fun if you decide you want to play being a real driver by going up and down the gears using the manual mode (M). The shift pattern in the full auto mode (E) is smooth, quiet and precise and better than I expected for such a small car. The digital readout which lets you know which gear the car is in is also a clever feature.

The air con (which I have used every day in the hot weather) is excellent at cooling and keeping the interior cool and comfortable and the fan operates very quitely on the first two settings.

The power steering works a treat when your parking and I've found it to be nice and heavy when driving on the motorway at higher speeds.

The cabin is like a tardis, I'm amazed how much room there is in this car as is everyone who has been inside. I haven't carried any rear passengers yet and its rare that there is ever more than the two of us in the car so we'll see how that goes at a later date.

All in all I would give the Aygo 10 out of 10, I simply can't find fault with anything.

I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for something funky and stylish with superb build quality add to this 60mpg, cheap insurance and VED (Road Tax) at £40.00 per year and you have a winner.

Another happy customer - seems Toyota have got it right with the Aygo - I'm yet to read a negative review.

Welcome to TOC :group-cuddles:

I am glad you like the MMT ............................I have been singing the praises of MMT on these forums for a while now...........the system is greatly underated by so many that do not really understand :rolleyes:

Pleased that you are happy with your Aygo :thumbsup:

Nice write up :thumbsup:

I've ordered a Sport in Carbon Quartz but without the MMT. I wondered about having it but was unsure if it would effect the drivability of the car as some semi / fully automatic transmisions seem to hamper the performance.

Pleased you like the car though :thumbsup:

I test drove an MMT and didn't feel as though it was as nice to drive as the manual even in 'Manual Mode'. And when you put your foot down to go faster it does rev quite a lot before it kicks in.

Don't stab me for having an opposing opinion please but those are my thoughts on the MMT.

Guest logitech

I was going to get MMT foy my aygo but the salesman told me it was usless and didnt want to sell it to me :( ohh well....

Another happy customer - seems Toyota have got it right with the Aygo - I'm yet to read a negative review.

here its selling faster than the new yaris! its a yaris every 3 aygo's so thats not bad! and the dealer does not recommend the red as it is too sunny and he said it will fade out! (not if you take good care of it!) but its good like that cos there will not be much red around :thumbsup:

As another former Rover owner (I previously had a 216Si Auto), welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

I have ordered an Aygo+MMT 5dr silver with aircon. It is reassuring to hear that the transmission is good. I've survived long enough with the jerkiness of the Smart ForTwo, and without aircon.

I have ordered an Aygo+MMT 5dr silver with aircon. It is reassuring to hear that the transmission is good. I've survived long enough with the jerkiness of the Smart ForTwo, and without aircon.

I've found that after driving the car for almost 2 weeks the MMT transmission is changing through the gear box smoother and quiter than it was before. I'm assuming that as the mechanics and parts of the car are loosening and 'bedding in' this must be the reason.

I have to say that I'm really enjoying driving this car and my stress levels when driving have practically dissapeared over the past two weeks.

Its quite nice to have something on the works car park that no one else has.

I hope you enjoy your new purchase as much as I'm enjoying mine.

• 10 months later...

I have got air con on my Passion Cab but I can't get used to the jerkiness either. I used to read the Smart forums and everyone went on about how 'fun' a ForTwo is, I have had mine for just over 12 months and can't wait to get rid of it!

Thankfully I didn't read the supposed 'horror stories' about the MMT before I bought my Aygo Sport with MMT.

I'm so glad as well because it's such a useful thing to have & a good green option too. It did start off a little jerky and revving up unnecessarily when trying to park (second hand but the guy before me had only done 3000 miles in it before becoming unable to drive) - worked out it had been stored in a garage totally unused for some months, and after a trip to Toyota who re-synchonised/re-booted the system it now drives like a dream.

Well impressed - don't be put off if you're reading this forum and thinking of getting one with MMT - love it! :D

• 7 months later...
Thankfully I didn't read the supposed 'horror stories' about the MMT before I bought my Aygo Sport with MMT.

I'm so glad as well because it's such a useful thing to have & a good green option too. It did start off a little jerky and revving up unnecessarily when trying to park (second hand but the guy before me had only done 3000 miles in it before becoming unable to drive) - worked out it had been stored in a garage totally unused for some months, and after a trip to Toyota who re-synchonised/re-booted the system it now drives like a dream.

Well impressed - don't be put off if you're reading this forum and thinking of getting one with MMT - love it! :D

I've just joined the forum as I am hoping to buy my first car soon. I am just learning to drive, having convinced myself over the last 3 decades that it wasn't for me.

I looked at the 107 which I could get quite a bit cheaper than the Aygo but found the semi-auto gearbox a bit jerky. Have been encouraged with some of the reports on here with those of you with MMT. I wonder if you can give me an update on how you are getting on with your MMTs?

I am just a bit cautious as buying a first car at my age is a bit daunting.

many thanks

Hey, welcome to the forums :)

Ive had my MMT since about a month after i passed my test in March this year. I have found it ideal as a first car and it is pretty smooth to drive i would say. The good thing about it is that because it isnt a standard auto gearbox you can use the accelerator to change gear by lifting it slightly. After driving it alot now ive pretty much got fully used to this and when u get the hang of it, it makes for a very smooth drive imo. Hope this helps

Hiya,

I've test-driven an AYGO MMT, now given I drive Buses and Coaches for a living I've driven a lot of "fully automatic" gearboxes as Buses don't come with anything else and the Coaches I drive do National Express work so a fully auto is essential! So when I drove the MMT for an hour I have to say I thought it was fantastic - the best part is pulling away...when you fully release the handbrake or release all pressure from the footbrake, the ECU will then half-engage the Clutch so that you start rolling without having to use the Gas pedal to actuate the Clutch yourself - so on flat roads and as such it's fantastic. It's also brill when you're in crawling traffic, as you can brake Almost to a complete stop, but then as soon as you release the brake pedal it'll re-engage the clutch half-way again so you're constantly in control of the vehicle's motion!

I think for £500 this is a very good gearbox - if only other AMTs (automated manual transmissions) were like this 1 it'd put people off owning a 3-pedal vehicle!

The only thing that I didn't like was that the Gas pedal had no "physicial" barrier for the end-of-travel (throttle kick-down) switch, so when you're using "E" mode (automatic) and you wanna pull away full throttle but still up-shift normally, you have to 'almost' go full throttle instead, as you canny tell where that kick-down switch is on that Gas pedal...that really annoyed me as every other AMT or fully auto I've ever driven has always had that barrier to keep you outside the kick-down zone.

Otherwise, I'd highly recommend the MMT gearbox for an AYGO!!

Richard

:)

• 1 year later...
Took delivery of my new Aygo on Thursday 4th May 2006.

I part exchanged my Rover 75 2.5ltr Connoisseur because I was spending as much time at the petrol pumps as I was on the road and although it was a nice car to drive it was also expensive to run, repair and insure so I decided that it was time to downsize.

I looked at the Panda, Picanto, Citroen and Peugeot but none of them caught my eye like the Aygo so I booked a test drive and from that moment I was hooked. I returned a week later to my local Toyota dealer in Preston and placed the order.

I purchased an Aygo+, 3 door with the optional MMT, Air Con and Carbon Quartz metallic paintwork.

This little car is superb. It drives and feels much better than I expected for the price. It has every comfort that I could possibly wish for and although the options I chose did push up the price, personally I think they have been well worth the extra money.

The MMT transmission is so easy to use and great fun if you decide you want to play being a real driver by going up and down the gears using the manual mode (M). The shift pattern in the full auto mode (E) is smooth, quiet and precise and better than I expected for such a small car. The digital readout which lets you know which gear the car is in is also a clever feature.

The air con (which I have used every day in the hot weather) is excellent at cooling and keeping the interior cool and comfortable and the fan operates very quitely on the first two settings.

The power steering works a treat when your parking and I've found it to be nice and heavy when driving on the motorway at higher speeds.

The cabin is like a tardis, I'm amazed how much room there is in this car as is everyone who has been inside. I haven't carried any rear passengers yet and its rare that there is ever more than the two of us in the car so we'll see how that goes at a later date.

All in all I would give the Aygo 10 out of 10, I simply can't find fault with anything.

I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for something funky and stylish with superb build quality add to this 60mpg, cheap insurance and VED (Road Tax) at £40.00 per year and you have a winner.

• 1 month later...

:( HI NEW ON HEAR getting aygo mmt next week sounds like good car mpg etc/ had citron c3 sensodrive before nothing but trouble with it on gearbox looking forward to this

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links