Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Landcruiser Hdj80, Petrol

curlyearly

Hi All

My exhaust is near the end of its life and I wondered if a free flowing unit was available and wether it was a viable proposition. Has anyone any experience with fitting this type of exhaust?

Also does a chip & filter make much difference?

I'm not looking for vast improvements in performance however I may be raising the gearing a tad in the near future with larger tyres and I wanted to counter this with other mods.

Hope to receive some replies.

Earl

Ok 1st if your landcruiser is petrol then it is a FZJ80 because it has 1FZ FE engine .

The HDJ80 is a turbo diesel because it has a 1HD-T engine.

Unichip have been making a chip for them and other cars for years.

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/unichip/applications.html.

The filter design supplied by Toyota is consistent with the needs for a heavy duty 4x4 .

Freer flowing units like the K&N will give you 1-2 % but at the expense of less filtration.

The best power mod to do to your engine is a turbo or supercharger although this does come a hefty price.

The 1FZFE is derived from a 4 cyl car engine and was used for racing so it is well suited for performance.

Any exhuast mod will be beneficial but mainly at rpm you never reach.

Standard exhausts will allow gases to escape without resriction until you hitting 80-90% of the engines output and how often do you go there?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links