Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Alloys

xharry

Hi there, hoping you guys might be able to help me. The alloys on my just approaching 4 yr old Celica are in a terrible state. They have peeled down to black metal underneath. As a feeble woman I don't know about these things but would have expected them to have lasted longer than this. The dealer doesn't want to know (as out of warranty). Does anyone know what life of alloy wheels should be? What alternatives do I have to replace them (dealers have offered me special price of £800 for replacements!).

Would be really grateful for your advice. I love my car but the alloys are making it look really tatty.

Thanks!

The G7 5 spoke wheels have a terrible reputation for corrosion. They can be refurbished for a lot less than 800, but they probably won't look as good as new and other parts of the wheels will corrode again in time...

As said, the best bet would be to go for a set of wheels not made by Toyota. You can pick up pretty good wheel and tyre packages from 500ish all over the internet (go to google, and search on Alloy Wheels). Best bet is to have a look around, see if there is anything you like the look of. If you want some kind of reassurance on anything you find, post some links up on here for peoples opinions - we're always happy to help!

Also, if you can post pics of your car up on here from the side view there are a few skilled people who can put the wheels you like on to the pic of your car to help you decide.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

£800 for replacements which will corrode again after a while , no thanks . As the guys said check on-line for a set of alloys/tyres which appeal to you , there's thousands of different designs to chose from . Just be sure you buy the right size/fitment and offset for your car !

Good luck.

eBay can be good too for cheap deals !

Wheel Base in oldham, top quality surface, they relived me off £500 notes for my alloys, free locking nuts and chromed wheel nuts aswell, and shrink wrapped the alloys so they didnt mess my interior up. Good guys

plus £30 upgrades your tyres to toyo's :-)

Thanks guys for your help so far. How long should I expect alloys to last? I would have thought at least five years, or I am being unrealistic?!

Will check out the places you told me about. Many thanks! Christine

Thanks guys for your help so far. How long should I expect Alloys to last? I would have thought at least five years, or I am being unrealistic?!

Will check out the places you told me about. Many thanks! Christine

Looked after years!!!! depends how you drive too ! but alloys can/will last for years , hell members on here will have the original alloys on cars that are 20(and more) years old !

You should really have complained within the 3 year warranty period. But if you kick up enough fuss, they just might do something about it. 'Fit for purpose' and all that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links