Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warning Lights On Dash After Fitting Inductioin Kit

bigfiiish

:help:

Afternoon everyone,

Just want to pick your brains on something thats cropped up with the car lately after fitting new Blitz Sonic Power air intake.

After getting the job done by the guys up at CarToyz everything semed fine, and the sound is absolutely incredible :drool:, really! However a few minutes later and the Engine warning light, Traction Control Light and Vehicle Stibility control lights came on and wont go off again.

Apparently this is something to do with the vacuum hose arrangement but im no tech and im not really sure.

The guys at CarToyz are baffled, its in exactly as it should be, and a call to the guys at Fensport confirmed this.

We have disconnected the Battery to clear the ECU a few times and the lights just pop back on in a few minutes, driving or not. Its really doing my head in.

The car drives and feels completely normally - not a squeak, rattle, sound smell or anything else out of place.

At the end of the day the car is going into Toyota again in 2 days to get the clutch release bearing fixed and I can ask them to take a look while its in. I checked with the head technician at Toyota before i even bought the intake so its not affecting warranty at all.

Any advice or ideas would be more than welcome!

Thanks.

G

Afternoon everyone,

Just want to pick your brains on something thats cropped up with the car lately after fitting new Blitz Sonic Power air intake.

After getting the job done by the guys up at CarToyz everything semed fine, and the sound is absolutely incredible :drool:, really! However a few minutes later and the Engine warning light, Traction Control Light and Vehicle Stibility control lights came on and wont go off again.

Apparently this is something to do with the vacuum hose arrangement but im no tech and im not really sure.

The guys at CarToyz are baffled, its in exactly as it should be, and a call to the guys at Fensport confirmed this.

We have disconnected the battery to clear the ECU a few times and the lights just pop back on in a few minutes, driving or not. Its really doing my head in.

The car drives and feels completely normally - not a squeak, rattle, sound smell or anything else out of place.

At the end of the day the car is going into Toyota again in 2 days to get the clutch release bearing fixed and I can ask them to take a look while its in. I checked with the head technician at Toyota before i even bought the intake so its not affecting warranty at all.

Thanks.

G

were your wheels straight when disconecting the Battery? maybe mas sensor got dirty ? ive never had this fault myself. :thumbsup:

Afternoon everyone,

We have disconnected the battery to clear the ECU a few times and the lights just pop back on in a few minutes, driving or not. Its really doing my head in.

Thanks.

G

It's a simple fix... same thing with the K&N kit. See this post and the pic I attached and I will PM you the details of what to do...

Many thanks for the PM, i will have Toyota take a quick look tomorrow when its in getitng the clutch release bearing fixed and try connecting the hoses up like you had with your Typhoon.

I remembered to keep all of the original parts! Just in case i ever have to sell it again in the future. But eh kit sounds so good I cant imagine anyone ever wanting to take it out. I would def reccomend one to anyone whos after a filter that sounds a bit different. It so loud that when the lift kicks in you can hear it four streets away!, not so great as it tends to attract the attention of the local plod quite a bit too....

But again thanks for the PM. :thumbsup:

Hope that sorts it out.

Morning everyone,

Well its in getting looked at by toyota this morning, wont get it back till about 6 tonight what with gettin the clutch bearing fixed too.

Im absolutely raging though, after speaking to the head tech on the phone before buying it and confirming that they wont affect my warranty they have now told me that it will! How unfair is that!

And because its a phone call I have no way of prooving that it was ever said. :censor:

All I can hope for now is that they have the common courtesy of sticking by their word. I hope this is the case as they guys there have always been courteous and professional with me before. I couldnt have faulted them for anything before this. Hopefuly it will continue.

Will keep you posted!, oh and yes pics will be on the way if i get to keep it in! :thumbsup:

G

Morning everyone,

Well its in getting looked at by toyota this morning, wont get it back till about 6 tonight what with gettin the clutch bearing fixed too.

Im absolutely raging though, after speaking to the head tech on the phone before buying it and confirming that they wont affect my warranty they have now told me that it will! How unfair is that!

And because its a phone call I have no way of prooving that it was ever said. :censor:

All I can hope for now is that they have the common courtesy of sticking by their word. I hope this is the case as they guys there have always been courteous and professional with me before. I couldnt have faulted them for anything before this. Hopefuly it will continue.

Will keep you posted!, oh and yes pics will be on the way if i get to keep it in! :thumbsup:

G

It'll only affect the warranty on a part that would be affected/damaged by it! :thumbsup:

:D

All Fixed!

True to form the guys at Newtownabbey Toyota sorted the problem and didnt give me any hassle about the non standard toyota part. I think they were more worried that the work hadnt been done by them than that it was an aftermarket part.

But alls well that ends well, and anyone who PM'ed or replied to this was right, it was the positioning of the Vacuum hoses that had caused the problem. The tuners i took it to didnt know the engine on the 2005 t-sport, as it is slightly different fro the pre facelift version, and rather than connecting the hoses wrongly, they had left them off, cable tied behind the main intake duct. :angry:

Less than pleased with that, but not to worry. Took it for an extended blast out and about last night to check it wasnt happening again (1/4 tank fuel gone there!) and alls quiet on the home front.

So just be careful which "tuners" you take ur T too!

Adios,

G

:D

All Fixed!

True to form the guys at Newtownabbey Toyota sorted the problem and didnt give me any hassle about the non standard toyota part. I think they were more worried that the work hadnt been done by them than that it was an aftermarket part.

But alls well that ends well, and anyone who PM'ed or replied to this was right, it was the positioning of the Vacuum hoses that had caused the problem. The tuners i took it to didnt know the engine on the 2005 t-sport, as it is slightly different fro the pre facelift version, and rather than connecting the hoses wrongly, they had left them off, cable tied behind the main intake duct. :angry:

Less than pleased with that, but not to worry. Took it for an extended blast out and about last night to check it wasnt happening again (1/4 tank fuel gone there!) and alls quiet on the home front.

So just be careful which "tuners" you take ur T too!

Adios,

G

Are you liking the noise and extra 'kick' when the lift comes in!?? :D

Hell Yeah :yes:

The noise is incredible now, im not sure what sound comes off the typhoon kits, but i think there is something about the metal heatshield that comes with the Sonic Power kit tha makes it really barky. Suits the already metallic sounding t-sport engine note down to the ground.

Put it this way, a guy in a stock evo 8 told me he like the sound of my engine better than his! lol i still wouldnt want to race him though :P

I even get a bit of a "pop" from the kit when the lift kicks in!, well impressed! - Wont be long now till i get tenitis ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links