Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlamp Help 03 T4

Jovensis

Has anyone fitted a new headlamp unit. My bulb holders have snapped and I can't see a way of repairing it.

It looks easier to replace the lot as they're permanently fogged up anyway. If anyone's done it are there any special tools required.

Cheers Jo :thumbsup:

Has anyone fitted a new headlamp unit. My bulb holders have snapped and I can't see a way of repairing it.

It looks easier to replace the lot as they're permanently fogged up anyway. If anyone's done it are there any special tools required.

Easiest way is to remove full front bumper althought u can 'bend' the bumper out of the way but this increases the risk of damaging it. Good luck!

Easiest way is to remove full front bumper althought u can 'bend' the bumper out of the way but this increases the risk of damaging it. Good luck!

Thanks rf, so would you say it was an easy job, looking at the unit there doesn't seem much to it.

Lamppholders snapping is a problem in the 03 avensis. It's seemingly a design fault and covered under warranty. I've had both lamps replaced under warranty because of this issue.

Lamppholders snapping is a problem in the 03 avensis. It's seemingly a design fault and covered under warranty. I've had both lamps replaced under warranty because of this issue.

I took a chance on buying this car just out of warranty having read all the glowing reports about reliability and excellent build quality. This is my first Toyota and might be my last at this rate.

Why is such a simple task of changing a front bulb so difficult? To my mind it's just poor design and crap quality materials that can't withstand the slightest pressure.

Oh and while I'm on the soapbox, squealing brakes "a known fault". In this day and age it shouldn't be a problem.

I expect to remedy certain problems when I buy 2nd hand but I didn't expect Mr T to take the P:censor:S for parts & labour.

I hoped for more I must say....ah that's better.

Misting of headlamps is a known fault. They have changed mine and fitted new bulb holders. It is a design fault and all dealers know this. I would not attempt the headlamp change myself. It is correct: the best way is to remove the front bumper from what my dealer told me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links