Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Sunroof Glass

Red Power Ranger

I have just found out that I need the replace the whole sunroof glass to stop the leak I have coming into the car. I own a 2006 RAV4 LWB, has anyone every replace the whole sunroof, if so I would really appriecate any instuctions on how to do this??

Did I read the 2006 bit correctly?

Surely if it's that old then it would still be under warranty!

:unsure:

I have just found out that I need the replace the whole sunroof glass to stop the leak I have coming into the car. I own a 2006 RAV4 LWB, has anyone every replace the whole sunroof, if so I would really appriecate any instuctions on how to do this??

:eek::eek: 2006 model :eek::eek: surely this will be covered by the warranty and "Sale of Goods Act"

Get it back to the dealer and beat there door down before the next onslaught of rain appears (should be by the weekend)

:thumbsup:

I have a 2001 Rav and just replaced my roof glass. Just 4 star screws to remove and out it pops!

You will need to adjust the height of the glass when fitting new one by partially tightening the screws and pushing the glass just under the line of the roof.

John

• 9 years later...
On 6/1/2006 at 6:57 AM, Red Power Ranger said:

I know this is a very old post but I looked through your posts and seem to be having the exact same problem. Water is leaking from the sunroof but the drain channels are clear. It seems like the water is coming in through the two screws on the front of the sunroof. How did you determine that the entire glass needs to be replaced? I've taken it to a glass place already but they weren't able to help me

• 4 years later...

Hello,

Just replaced the sunroof on my old Rav4.  The polycarbonate started to crack and water is leaking in during rain storms.  I bought an used sunroof assembly from a junk yard.  The assembly includes the motor, in case it needs to be replace in the future.  Swapping out the sunroof is fairly easy.  It's held on by four torx screws.  I've included the pictures below.  The old sunroof has the water bubbles collecting in the corner.

New used sunroofPic1.thumb.jpg.78250077b191f668b36ab374e40ac448.jpgPic2.thumb.jpg.7be7220bda33dedbe6d2b59f80ca0426.jpgPic3.thumb.jpg.bbd59cab52faaf9c4ee0372451eb760f.jpg

• 8 months later...

Just came across this post. Just got my daughter (1st car) a 2002 RaV4 L with sunroof. It has a polycarbonate roof, which I thought couldn’t be factory. It’s cracked a leaking so I want to fix it. After reading this post, I wondering if polycarbonate is OEM. Also, I can’t seem to find a replacement anywhere. Can someone verify the material and where I could get a replacement? It looks like the dealer want to sell the whole assembly when I only need a piece of glass. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links