Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Disc

uumode

Having just acquired a used 2004 June car,

I find that the Sat Nav DVD jewel case has printed '2004-2005 Ver. 1'

My question is, did they 'pre issue' the 2005 bit (like a calendar).

i.e. dish out 2004-2005 discs with 2004 cars,

or did the previous owner fork out for the latest disc a year later?

i.e. the 2004-2005 disc was published in 2005? ... but it's a bit odd why it's version 1.....

which kinda suggests it's the former scenerio as if it was it would be Ver.1.1 or something.

/EDIT ..my word, I think the official upgrade DVD discs are circa 350 quid!

and one thing I'm finding is the system doesn't work well when finding industrial estates and retail parks where there is no street number... anyone have a solution to this as I don't think it works with Post Codes does it?

Having just acquired a used 2004 June car,

I find that the Sat Nav DVD jewel case has printed '2004-2005 Ver. 1'

My question is, did they 'pre issue' the 2005 bit (like a calendar).

i.e. dish out 2004-2005 discs with 2004 cars,

or did the previous owner fork out for the latest disc a year later?

i.e. the 2004-2005 disc was published in 2005? ... but it's a bit odd why it's version 1.....

which kinda suggests it's the former scenerio as if it was it would be Ver.1.1 or something.

/EDIT ..my word, I think the official upgrade DVD discs are circa 350 quid!

and one thing I'm finding is the system doesn't work well when finding industrial estates and retail parks where there is no street number... anyone have a solution to this as I don't think it works with Post Codes does it?

new discs about £125 but how often do you use sat nav :thumbsup:

No it does not work with post codes. The Avensis SAT Nav has taken me some weird routes in the past. I do not think it is a good idea to upgrade the Toyota Sat Nav discs.

TOM TOM can be put in any car, upgraded from the internet, used as a hand held navigator and is more accurate.

Another idea for you is to get your route off the internet using post codes from the AA or RAC web sites. Set up the Toyota Sat Nav but follow the AA or RAC Route. Do not rely on Toyota SAT NAV on its own. It can take you miles out of your way. Hereford to Oxford. It routed me up the M6 to Birmingham and then down the M40???????

All the sat navs are only as good as the data and they all have errors. I had a version of autoroute years ago and there was part of the A64 that it would not use just near Malton. Another vesion hated to use part of the road between 2 villages nearby. I have had Tomtom and it has tried to take me up bridleways, public footpaths and farmtracks.

If you were to update the disk you will find that new roads are added obviously but existing roads will get updated in order to improve navigation. I have yet to see a perfect navigation system, I now have the integrated full colour screen system and use it as I have all my other sat navs, for the final part of my route. 99% of the time you know roughly the route you should take its just the finer details you need to use it for.

I was quoted £250 for this years disk for mine but waited patiently and got last years for £50 off eBay.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links