Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E 1.8 Gs Warning Light After Disconnecting Battery

francois

hi

I disconnected the Battery (both + and - connections) to clean the couplings. since then engine warning light is on permanently but car run fines. Battery was disconnected for half an hour. havent had a long run in it yet, just town driving

must be to do with ecu...maybe?

anybody have any thoughts on how to reset it? I thought perhaps disconnecting the Battery for longer may clear the ecu. Or perhaps I already reset the ecu when disconnecting battery and light will c lear once the ecu has enough data?

any help appreciated.

cheers

many thanks, that was very useful.

I'm getting the dreaded code 21 (oxygen/lean sensors).

What I dont understand is why the code 21 came up after disconnecting the Battery. I have indeed been troubled by an intermittent misfirish-type problem the past few months which may be explained by inadequate fuel mixture, but the light only came on after i disconnecte/reconnected Battery last week!

whats the latest consensus on where to get o2 sensors and how much to pay for them? I seem to recall they are ridiculously expensive on the carina...

cheers

francois

You must buy a GENUINE Toyota sensor - a universal will not work. They are available:

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_LB1037.html

I don't know how this compares to a dealer price

cheers

i got a second hand one through breakersyard.com. i just couldnt afford the new one. i paid £55 for it, including p&p and the gasket.

cant wait for it to arrive, I hope this will magically cure both the warning light and the damn misfire.

well no change

warning light still on, i assume its still a code 21. I tried resetting the ecu after fitting the sensor, which looks in worse condition than my one to be honest. Think I will send it back. Is there anything else that can cause the code 21? aslo just to make sure, what position should the ignition key be in when i pull the fuse to reset the ecu?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links