Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Celica Driving For Me

sotal

In fact no car driving :crybaby:

I managed to bust my leg on Sunday Night and now have a full plaster cast :crybaby:

So I'm pretty much house bound.

Ouch .. what were you up to?

Take it, it's your right one .. or you'd be looking for an auto.

It's actually my left leg and I was looking at an auto but unfortunatley I'm a bit too tall and I can't find anything to fit my left leg in with it being so straight! I can't even get in the passenger side of the celica :(

Once the pain has gone a bit I might try my sisters Automatic Pajero to see if I can get in that.

Wasn't really up to much, just walked into a trailer whilst turning and a flat bit of plate metal hit my knee cap and dislocated it right round and it got stuck on the wrong side. It took them 4 hours to get it back in and after each attempt I was in even more pain! I broke my arm a couple of years back and this was 1000's of times more painfull!

I have a weak knee and it pops out every so often so i know how much it hurts

:crutchy: Ahh. Dude. Sorry to here it. :yes: That`ll be like double torture. No driving..... Ouchy. :( :crutchy:

Let`s hope it`s sorted ASAP. :thumbsup:

i hope you like football then . get well sooner

I have a weak knee and it pops out every so often so i know how much it hurts

I was in a lot of pain when it popped out but I was in a lot more pain when they failed to put it back in! They gave me morphine and gas and air - which didn't seem to have any effect. Then when I got to the hospital they gave me the stuff to knock me out where they count backwards from 5 and you should be out. They gave me 4 shots of that in my arm and then couldn't give me any more so 4 of them grabbed my leg and just kept going at it till it went in.

:crutchy: Ahh. Dude. Sorry to here it. :yes: That`ll be like double torture. No driving..... Ouchy. :( :crutchy:

Let`s hope it`s sorted ASAP. :thumbsup:

Yep - I love driving as well :( Got to miss this months quarry outing in the landrover as well :(

i hope you like football then . get well sooner

That's the biggest problem - I'm not really a fan of football so TV's torture at the moment :lol: I normally use this time to get out and do stuff in the garden etc

:wheelchair:

!Removed! , sorry to hear that . No fun at all :(

With any luck it'll heal quick , just take it easy

It's actually my left leg and I was looking at an auto but unfortunatley I'm a bit too tall and I can't find anything to fit my left leg in with it being so straight! I can't even get in the passenger side of the celica :(

Once the pain has gone a bit I might try my sisters Automatic Pajero to see if I can get in that.

Wasn't really up to much, just walked into a trailer whilst turning and a flat bit of plate metal hit my knee cap and dislocated it right round and it got stuck on the wrong side. It took them 4 hours to get it back in and after each attempt I was in even more pain! I broke my arm a couple of years back and this was 1000's of times more painfull!

I did that playing football, looked down and saw my knee somewhere it should'nt have been and moved it back, at the time I thought that it was not too bad until 10 mins later everything went bright, I threw up and passed out! :lol:

However for those who think its very painfull you want to try snapping all your ligaments in you leg, now that will make a grown man cry! 6 months on crutches and then learning to walk again for the next 6!

I did that playing football, looked down and saw my knee somewhere it should'nt have been and moved it back, at the time I thought that it was not too bad until 10 mins later everything went bright, I threw up and passed out! :lol:

However for those who think its very painfull you want to try snapping all your ligaments in you leg, now that will make a grown man cry! 6 months on crutches and then learning to walk again for the next 6!

Ha is that it , i broke my wee toe once dancing on the street :lol::lol: stupid girls in stiletoes

Oh dear, get well soon mate. See if you can hire the same physio Rooney's got, you'll be well in no time :)

HEY SNAP, i broke my tibia and fibia im in a full leg cast, how irritating is it honested im so ****** off, not only that i did it playing cricket of all sports, cricket, i hate cricket i was talked into playing ahahahaa

Gutted for you mate, hope your back to normal asap :yes::thumbsup:

Maybe he has a few less now though! :D

Sorry to hear that Sotal - I sprained my ankle at work a week ago and that hurts enough :crybaby:

I'd say you'll be on the pc all the time but I expect you're bored of that!!!

I kind of know of the pain your in.... broke my right leg a few years ago just below my knee joint.... the plaster cast went from my ankle to the top of my thigh..... makes going for a s**t intresting

I hope you've got a sutible height chair/whatever setup in your bathroom.... :lol:

Sorry to hear that - hope it heals quickly. As for not driving - I'm haveing a knee replacement in about two weeks and I was told yesterday that I won't be able to drive for a minimum of SIX WEEKS - what a bummer

HEY SNAP, i broke my tibia and fibia im in a full leg cast, how irritating is it honested im so ****** off, not only that i did it playing cricket of all sports, cricket, i hate cricket i was talked into playing ahahahaa

:!Removed!: I'd rather you didn't say "SNAP" :lol: Sorry to hear that though - it's a pain in the **** (well leg)

I kind of know of the pain your in.... broke my right leg a few years ago just below my knee joint.... the plaster cast went from my ankle to the top of my thigh..... makes going for a s**t intresting

I hope you've got a sutible height chair/whatever setup in your bathroom.... :lol:

That's one of the things I am having real difficulty with :lol: Once I get on with a chair to support my leg - I've still got to get off afterwards without falling down :lol:. For whatever reason my quad muscle is doing absolutley nothing at the moment my leg just simply refuses to move. If I lie on my side I can lift my leg up and down but if I lie on my back or sit down it just won't move

Sorry to hear that - hope it heals quickly. As for not driving - I'm haveing a knee replacement in about two weeks and I was told yesterday that I won't be able to drive for a minimum of SIX WEEKS - what a bummer

Ouch - When I first went to hospital they told me it was going to be 6-7 weeks in the full plaster cast but I went back yesterday for a check up and they were optimistic that they could get it out quicker. Got to go back in a week though to find out as the swelling was too bad to see anything. They were talking about putting a pin through though to speed up removal of the cast - not sure if I want that

• 2 weeks later...

wahoo - the cast came off today! :D

Not sure if it's good or not though! It's now harder to walk and I have to be dead careful with it. The doctor said I should be ready to drive in 6 weeks :eek: I should be OK in an auto though - I think :unsure:

So sort of good news but bad news at the same time :( I wanted to be driving by next week :lol:

Wishful thinking mate! :D

At least the cast is off so you can have a real good itch on the gammy leg!! :D

6 more weeks is a long time to wait though :(

there's no chance it will be 6 weeks :lol:

I can't see any problem with driving an auto now as I don't need my left leg and it can bend out of the way now. I'll probably give it a couple of days then swap my celica for my sisters pajero auto for a few weeks :D

I don't need my left leg

Well you should donate it to someone who actually does then!!! :D

Don't get too comfy in the Pajero :D

I don't need my left leg

:lol: I'd rather not donate it yet - got a donor card though so it's up for grabs when I die :lol:

I don't need my left leg

:lol: I'd rather not donate it yet - got a donor card though so it's up for grabs when I die :lol:

:lol::lol: a dodgy left leg , even the old folks will pass on that i bet :lol::thumbsup:

:crutchy: "Thanks but no thanks , i'll just hop " :wheelchair:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links