Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy Wheel Crisis...

CraigT

Im having a right nightmare as far as alloy wheels go. A few months ago I hit a 'ramp' in the road which wasnt signed properly resultiong in both front alloys being buckled.

These were moved to the back as on the front the car was all over the place. Whilst on the back there has been a bit of vibration but nothing major.

A few days ago however I came round a corner and my passengers side front wheel hit a hole in the road where the drain there had sunk down. It waqs quite a slam and since then at around 80mph the steering wheel is shuddering just like it did when I buckled the wheels before.

I havent had time to check the wheel yet, might I be lucky and just need the wheels balanced and tracked etc?

Im also considering just buying a new set off alloys altogether but dont want to break the bank too much. Is there anywhere good online price wise and can any of you guys/gals recommend something that will suit my car?

At the moment Im considering buying 5 spoke ones that are sililar to the type Ive got already.

Rochford tyres have a good selection...

http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/

You might get away with balancing it.. depends if and how bad the buckle will be.. i would get the tracking checked out too, won't cause any vibration if it's out.. it will wear your tyres out quicker, but an impact like that could have knocked it out.

Take pictures of the grid and sue the council via small claims court ove rthe damage... free and might actually win :thumbsup:

You could also get your current wheels refurbished depending on how bad the damage is! :thumbsup:

You could also get your current wheels refurbished depending on how bad the damage is! :thumbsup:

To be honest the two on the rear are beyond refurbishing. One of them in particular, you can actually see the buckle on the outter side of the wheel quite easily :(

The company who make them are Mila Miglia who Ive been told have gone bankrupt so replacing just the bad ones is an unlikely option, unless Im lucky enough to come across someone selling some second hand.

The other problem I have is that Ive considered selling my MR2 for some time now, so do I spend around £600 on new alloys or do I not bother and finally break away from my MR2 forever! :crybaby:

I hate uneven roads.

Ive hit a sucken drain before, and yes it knacked my wheel.

Some speed ramps are impossible to drive over square on, and i shudder everytime i have to go over one. why cant they make them smooth to drove over, ive also come close to grounding on a speed hump in my dads car.

I would take a claim against them.

Also my mothers vitara was scraped by a council bin waggon, my mum heard the noise and ran outside, as she did the bin waggon was driving off making a gettaway, she chased them down the street in the car.

there was smoke coming from her lol.

She claimed and got the damage repaired with the council footing the 2k bill

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links