Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod In Corolla

ad_no1

Hello guys

I have finally fitted in my 5th gen iPod in my Corolla (sept 04).

I went to Car Electronics (www.carelectronicsltd.co.uk) in Derby and I asked them to fit my iPod to the car.

The people over there put in a brand new Connects2 iPod Adapter model no. CTATYIPOD002 as well as the harness to the original headunit and now I am able to listen to my iPod using the car stereo.

When you play the music from the iPod the headunit will think that the iPod is a multi CD changer and you will be able to change the album and the tracks by using the controls on the headunit.

The advantages of having this kit is that I am able to use the controls on the steering wheel to change the tracks and the volume and it also charges the iPod.

THE SOUND QUALITY IS FANTASTIC!!!

Car Electronics will be able to do other Toyota Cars as well.

I hope this will helps.

How much did they charge you?

I did it myself in my yaris with the 'Connects 2 kit' :thumbsup: !

It's much better than the FM modulators :thumbsup: !

Any pics?

this is something that you should be able to fit yourself... there's nothing really tricky involved.

hardest part is getting the headunit out to fit the cable.

the Connects2 Kit shouldn't cost any more thatn £80, as you can get it online for between £60-£80.

this is something that you should be able to fit yourself... there's nothing really tricky involved.

hardest part is getting the headunit out to fit the cable.

the Connects2 Kit shouldn't cost any more thatn £80, as you can get it online for between £60-£80.

Or £50 from Halfords if your man enough to walk through the doors :lol: !

I fitted my bluetooth kit the other day and taking the dash apart was a doddle TBH ..... I just don't use my iPod any more so I sold it to my sisters boyfriend who has a yaris :thumbsup: !

hmmm not for £50 i think.

maybe they have other aftermarket adaptors in Halfords for £50.. but not the Connects2 one.

the cheapest online is £59.99... so i very much doubt that the halford shop will have it cheaper than an online store. it's certainly not on the Halfords website when i checked 5 mins ago.

hmmm not for £50 i think.

maybe they have other aftermarket adaptors in halfords for £50.. but not the Connects2 one.

the cheapest online is £59.99... so i very much doubt that the halford shop will have it cheaper than an online store. it's certainly not on the halfords website when i checked 5 mins ago.

Im telling the truth ...... £50 I tell you as that where I got mine from, and others have to (common knowledge in the yaris section) :yes: !

They order it direct from Connects 2 and don't hold any in stock ..... however it takes about half an hour for the guy to work out what you are asking for even with the product code :rolleyes::lol:

forget that lol....you can buy it from a highly recommened reseller on ebay brand new for £44-49

not at the moment though, as i did a search on eBay for "connects2" and it only came up with one for an Audi.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links