Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What The? Fuel Is Going Down Heaps Fast!

Hasher22

Why fill your tank full of petrol? :huh:

Your engine does more work pulling along all the weight which means you'll get less mpg. I never fill my tank unless I'm going to England or something.

I usually only put about £8 of petrol in when the gauge starts flashing and that'll give me 3 bars instead of pulling along loads of weight! :thumbsup:

Iv done 19,000 miles this year, if i put petrol in in £8 lumps then i'd have to stop a hell of a lot. Infact, balls being nice... thats a stupid idea Ryan, go and slap yourself with a wet fish.

30quid for a full tank, gets me 260miles each and every time. no if's or buts.

£30 fills your tank?!?! You've either got a different tank to us or a very expensive petrol station! The tanks 45 litres, so it should be closer to £40 to fill it proper.

Shuudda gotta a diesel !!

Nah, i like getting places on time without a trail of smog following me. :lol: :!Removed!:

£30 fills your tank?!?! You've either got a different tank to us or a very expensive petrol station! The tanks 45 litres, so it should be closer to £40 to fill it proper.

Shouldn't that be "a very cheap petrol station"? :D

Yes, about 40 quid gets the job done and around 320-330 miles though it has read more at times.

If I don't get 500 from a tank I'm disappointed. If I didn't have such a leaden right foot I'm sure I could be getting about 550 or so from £42

A

Thats what I get in my Corolla - 500 miles for £40ish of diesel (Full tank)

Not bad for such a big car ..... I haven't tried driving it lightly yet :rolleyes: !

Yes, about 40 quid gets the job done and around 320-330 miles though it has read more at times.

£30 for mine too. Gets me the same mileage.

That's letting the bar on the petrol gauge get down to a single bar (flashing).

That's not filling it to the brim though either.

The only time I've had the tank extremely low (last bar flashing violently at me!), and filled it right up, only cost £35.

Must be either a different tank on the 1.3's, or between P1 and P2?

520 miles and 2 bars left on the guage :)

It pulls really well from 1000rpm in high gears, kicks hard again at 70mph in 5th and handles really well - I love it.

Shuudda gotta diesel

Yes, yes it should. :thumbsup:

I once squeezed £43.50 into my tank... it must've been almost on the vapours! :thumbsup: (it was optimax at 99.9 pence a litre)

I'm glad to here you guys with the 1 liters are getting good mpg, went to look at an 04 1.0 Red T3 last night for my mum , what she wanted was a small cheap car to run , she was looking at a 05 micra but managed to get to the garage in time to stop here buying it lol, got her up to the Toyota garage and the rest is history lol, what a lovely wee car to drive , for it being a 1 liter i knew it would be good on petrol but I'm more at ease knowing its great on it :D , what surprised me most was how nippy it was , you could certainly have fun with that around town lol, that's me coming from a Gen 6 Celica GT too lol

Filled up this afternoon, 37 litres of derv, 554 miles = 68 mpg :)

And that's with the tuning box on full ... and no shot down Messerschmidt impressions either!

ffs... :eek:

I don't have the control/occasion to drive in such a controlled manner for 550 miles!

:D

A

I don't know how you guys do it! I put around £35 for a full tank, and I'm lucky to get 370 miles (that's without the tuning box). My engine is still new with around 3500 miles. She is still tight - needs loosing up!! :-). You guys getting 500 miles plus - I assume your cars are far more run in?

Mine's done about 50k on an 02 plate.

That 550 miles was mixed, some control and the occaisional waz when Saxo-Boy needs seeing off :)

I don't know how you guys do it! I put around £35 for a full tank, and I'm lucky to get 370 miles (that's without the tuning box). My engine is still new with around 3500 miles. She is still tight - needs loosing up!! :-). You guys getting 500 miles plus - I assume your cars are far more run in?

it can be done by keep driving an extra 30 miles while the low petrol indicator is flashing then fill up at a service petrol station.

32500 or so from Nov 2004, but I do brim it until the diesel is visible and then run it until its on fumes if I can. At the moment I'm on 470ish with 2 bars, but it will start flashing soon and I need to do 100 miles tomorrow evening so it will be getting brimmed in the morning. Shame as I was on track for a "good one" of 510 to 520... :(

Its got a fun 2k round trip of motorway plus misc other driving to do over then coming 3 weeks so hopefully that will help lower the consumption (although the miles will be soaring again - expect almost 35k by JAE)

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links