Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ts Scratches...

Maggiore

My TS is metallic black... and someone has kindly keyed it on the passengers side back pannel....

its only about

=============================================

that long...

garage reckons £200 to fix

anyone have any other ideas of how to solve my scratches???

ive got a few more on the drivers door where the prev owner had grabbed the door with the keys in their hand

Cheers

Try other bodyshops for quotes, they will spray the whole panel and then "blow" the paintwork into the rest.

Otherwise spend £5.50 on a touch up paint down at your Toyota dealer and have a go yourself although I think that you'll still see if quite bad if done with a touch up pen.

Maybe even have a look for companies like Chipsaway in the yellow pages.

If you're in sunderland I'd give kevin at Envy a call - hes had spraywork done for my car in the past at a very competitive rate...

I had a scratch done the similar length as that on my Yaris T3 near the petrol cap back in 2004 and it cost the same amount...must say they did a brilliant job of it even if it was pricey!

• 3 weeks later...

You guys are lucky with little scratches... i got keyed from front headlight all the way to the rear lights :(:(:( and my cars black to make it worse.

• 5 weeks later...

My car was also scratched about a week ago, prob done by some stupid kids loads of little scribble all over my bonnet! Although they are only light there's ******* loads of them. Gonna get T-cut to see if i can rub them away. Does anyone know if using T-cut is better than using a touch up pen?

My car was also scratched about a week ago, prob done by some stupid kids loads of little scribble all over my bonnet! Although they are only light there's ******* loads of them. Gonna get T-cut to see if i can rub them away. Does anyone know if using T-cut is better than using a touch up pen?

Touch up pen is a last resort, t cut it first, even get some of the scratch removal paste, and if that dosen't work I still wouldnt use a touch up pen as they look ****

• 6 months later...

After reading several posts where Meguiars ScratchX had been used I thought I'd get some - £8.99 at Halfrauds. After having tried it on a few minor scratches my verdict is that its a total waste of money - don't buy it! I know ScratchX is only a mild abrasive but it's so mild it doesn't do anything. Tried several applications on the same little scratch and it had little effect. In fact, it did nothing different to what Autoglym Super Resin Polish would do, and that's cheaper and you can use it to polish your car with!

On another note though, if your scratch is white or grey then you're down to the primer, and no amount of polishing is going to make any difference!

Hi,

My Yaris had alot of scratches and a large scuff where the previous owner has reversed into something.

I went with ChipsAway, they come to your location and do all the work there. They give you a free quote, then its up to you if you want to book them.

I had several large scratches, 1 large scuff, several deep stone chips and needed a quarter of the drivers door respraying (previous owner again had tried to cover up some scratches with crap paint) . He started at 09:00 and left at 15:30 and cost me £175, which also comes with a 2 year guarantee.

The work he did was excellent and cannot even notice it. There number is 0800 028 7878 and website is www.chipsaway.co.uk.

Claire.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links