Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Company Car

Shoto

Hi Bosnjo. Saw your post on the Briskoda site, see you're changing your Avensis for an Octavia. Good luck with your new car, I hope you are happier with it than you seem to be with your Avensis.

I've pretty much excluded the Octavia as I can't get a test drive despite having tried 3 dealers. The impression created is that the dealers in my region are lazy and don't care, whereas my local Toyota dealer is excellent. Another factor against the Octavia is that it only scored 4 stars in the NCAP safety rating. None of us plan to have an accident, but it makes sense (IMO) to have the best protection available. The Avensis, Passat and Peugeot 407SW all scored 5 stars so I'm not short of choice.

Cheers ;)

Getting onto the "No MP3 player", I'm pretty sure the new models do. Not ,uch good for me though unless I can get one retro-fitted! ;) Also not sure about the headlight problems... Mine are fine and we have some nice dark twisty roads around here.

MPG on Motorway is good, but town driving is a bit crap.

I'll second that. If I do a few motorway miles, my MPH hits around the 47-48 mark. Once I've been driving around town or short distances, it's around 40.

Im lucky to get 32mpg around town, on the open road free flowing A and B roads travelling 30mph to 50mph I get around 34-35mpg on a very light foot, coasting a lot, and braking little. (worked out by brimming tank not the on board computer). Not sure about motorways yet.

1.8 auto

I'll second that. If I do a few motorway miles, my MPH hits around the 47-48 mark. Once I've been driving around town or short distances, it's around 40.

Im lucky to get 32mpg around town, on the open road free flowing A and B roads travelling 30mph to 50mph I get around 34-35mpg on a very light foot, coasting a lot, and braking little. (worked out by brimming tank not the on board computer). Not sure about motorways yet.

1.8 auto

Yeh, but I'm a member of the Dirty Black Pump Gang! ;)

Getting onto the "No MP3 player", I'm pretty sure the new models do. Not ,uch good for me though unless I can get one retro-fitted! ;)

The new model definitely has an audio system that can play MP3 or WMA files recorded to CD. I don't know if this can be retro-fitted. B)

Probably cheaper to buy a brand new car.

1.8 auto

I have a manual 2L petrol and at a steady 70-80MPH get 41MPG. Calculated buy me not the wildly imaginative fuel computer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links