Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Rav4 Auto Gearbox

Steve_nz

Hey all

I need to remove one of these gear boxes, it's not a easy job! could someone tell me how to do it please? Its from a 3sge engine but is the same gearbox as the 3sfe engine!

Thanks

Steve

Hey all

I need to remove one of these gear boxes, it's not a easy job! could someone tell me how to do it please? Its from a 3sge engine but is the same gearbox as the 3sfe engine!

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Didn't want to see your thread go unanswered :rolleyes: , but it not a job anyone done yet in the club (i think ).

I've had a look in a Chilton workshop manual, and it seems you can remove the gearbox and leave the engine in place, so if you have ever done a FWD gearbox before its a similar job other than the extra work of removing the propshaft that goes to the rear axle.

Best bet might be buy a manual off eBay, look up "Chilton toyota rav4 manual "....good luck and welcome to the TOC :thumbsup: .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-RAV4-rav-4-BR...1QQcmdZViewItem manual covers early and late RAV4 models.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links