Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My First "help Me" Thread In The Supra Section! :)

Jimlad

Just picked up my TT Auto Supra... MMMMmmmm.... :drool:

All the dash lights are out on it. The fan controls, speedo light etc. Most obviously a fuse, but can anyone shed any light as to where the fuse is, or what fuse??

Thanks!!!

(be prepaired for many more Supra questions!! )

Ok... after alot of playing and taking the dash apart today etc... my heaters etc now work (weren't when I got the car).

But the lights for the speedo/dash/heater buttons etc still do not work. I've narrowed it down to a fuse.

It's the Rad no2 fuse (second row of fuses, far right on the diagram if you're looking at the fuse cover).

It had a 10amp fuse in it, turned the lights on, it blew. Put a 15amp fuse in it... same again.

The headlights etc work fine, just none of the lights on the dash which are supposed to come when you turn the lights on.

Anyone got any ideas? I thought possible because the stereo wiring is cut and possibly the illumination wire (for the stereo) is touching something? I'm nearly out of ideas..... if no one can help it'll be a trip to the auto electricians!

HELP MeeeEeee !!!

thanks

Copuld be the stereo mate.. especially if someone has made a hash of the wiring!!! if not, check the fog light....

most lighting problems on JDM cars are caused by hideously bodged fog lights!!!!!! From my experaince with supras eletronics don;t tend to go wrong unless ****** about with :thumbsup:

Meant to get back to you, but got problems of me own

100_0294.jpg

Sounds like something is definately shorting somewhere, as Charlie said, stereo or fog light.

It is most definately a short and it will be a 'hard' short. Some live wire is earthing out because the fuses should not go like that. Thing to do is check which wire is getting hot (because it will) and that will lead you to it.

Regards

Michael

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links