Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Burning / Warranty

Quietman

Just had the 'short engine' replaced on my 2002 Avensis under the extended engine warranty and have had an appalling experience service-wise from the dealer. Got a few questions if anyone can help:

1. They tell me I do not get any paperwork in relation to the work as it was warranty work. I therefore have nothing to show that the work has been done, or even exactly what has been done. Is this right/normal?

2. They tell me that the bits replaced are of a new design such that the oil burning problem will not recur. Is this right?

3. Having got the car back I have discovered that the auto function on the drivers window doesn't work. It appears clear that the door panel has been removed whilst in the garage (one retaining screw missing, another hanging loose). Any ideas what might have caused this and how it might be fixed? (I will try and get the garage to fix it, but if they refuse I WILL NOT pay them to fix it).

Many thanks for any help.

Chris

At least with point one yes it's right and normal as far as I've experienced. If you did want to demonstrate to someone that the work was done the garage should be able to supply you a copy of the Job card with the details on though.

Okay, I`ve been through exactly what you have last year (new short motor on warranty etc for mt 1.8 VVti 2002 Avencis 2002)

1) I didn`t get any paperwork either to prove I had had the work done. I know that it will always show on Toyota`s computer system against my car.

2) The oil burning issue stops IMMEDIATELY !! I don`t think I`ve viseably used a drop since I had the short engine fitted. As the bottom end was changed anyway, I also effectively had a complete oil/filter change at the same time. I`m really happy with the result & fuel consumption

3) Can`t help you with this bit - mine came back fine.

With regards to the window, no idea why they would have had the door card off when it was booked in for an engine replacement! But to solve the Auto close prob, with the engine running, hold the window switch in the closed position for 5-7 secs after the window is actually shut, this will reset the limit switch as they seem to screw up when the Battery is disconnected.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links