Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sore And Hurting...

TheNissanMan

Someone please remind me NEVER to do a Go Karting Endurance Race the night before having to get get reasy for JAE...

We all went karting with Last night, a 10 min session followed by two 40 lap races, at the end of the first race I was sore and tired, by the end of the second race I was in absolute agony and completely out of breath, I'm not sure if it was a lack of food combined with the heat or just the fact I am completely out of shape!!!

I wok up this morning to both arms feeling like dead weights, a bruise on the top outside bit of both legs and also in the middle of my lower back and I can't sleep!!!

It was fun but need all my limbs for loading and cleaning cars etc....

It was good fun and at least the first race was clean! I came second in the first race behind our GM whose sun just happens to race pro karts and they have one of their own which I thought was pretty good going, in the second race i got pushed into the barrier twice which gave me an end position of 5th in the final race which wasn't to bad as I needed lifting out of the barriers both times!!!

Has anybody got a new back and a new pair of arms ???

Did a Go-Karting Endurance Race once before as well, arms were only a bit sore the day after but the bruises on my sides we pretty bad.

It's fun at the time tho...

Pah! You want to try real Karting :P ;)

I used to work at an indoor circuit and the states some people would get themselves in was quite funny. Especially when you see the 'suits' get all hot-headed and throw a strop. :laughing:

Pro-Karts are pretty mean though - the twin engined ones yeah?

When I raced, I would get some awful bruises. The one in the middle of the back can be quite bad (from the seat), but I'd get huge bruises on the inside of my knees from the petrol tank too. :blink:

I wish there were Karts at JAE this year... B)

Karting is ace. We did a two hour job and that was painfull when the buggers start skidding sideways as they don't so much slide as skip. Screech... bangbangbangbang. I had bruises all up on side. Best bit was the manager at one of the place I do stuff for who already has more than a passing resemblance to Jeremy Clarkson in mannerisms and height trying to pass me and I swear I heard him shout "Powwwerrrr"!

We started off with 15min on 15min off but I ended up doing 45 on one as the other chap went off for a sandwich and a !Removed!!

A month ago i went to a similar even to Pole Position in Leeds indoor circuit.

The track was amazing... there was a flyover and uder it there was a dip with a S bend at full throttle which spat you out into a hard right bend sliding into the barriers.. :)

Great fun.. and yes.. my body was aching for a few days after.. :P

I wish there were Karts at JAE this year... B)

Me too :lol: :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links