Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Some Gt Advice

~Rach~

Hey guys,

Im thinking about getting a gen6 GT, and was wondering if theres anything I should watch out for, any common problems/faults etc?

Any advice would be good :thumbsup:

Thanks! :D

make sure it s 3sge not 3sfe - 140 or 180 (ish) bhp .

Generally very good cars , just the normal checks as any other car , i cant think of any one major complaint with them.

As cris says, just the usual checks, service history, timing belts (60k) etc. I rushed out and bought mine in June as a presi to myself for being a poor student for 4 years. I should've asked for advice on here but I did a lot of background reading of the threads instead. Only regret is that I didnt go for got air con!

Oh, the alarms and remote locking are a pretty big problem, they either work or the don't and if it's not working it's an expensive aftermarket one. Make sure both fobs work.

You should probably decide whether you want an import or UK model and pre or post face-lift.

The 3S-GE is a cracking engine. Unless you can afford to put in the extra "T" then it is probably the one to have.

Hope to see you driving around Bristol when I move in September. ;)

Ben

check all electrics work including air con , power windows and every switch works.

let go of the steering wheel at say 40mph if it pulls quickly left or right , could be signs of accident damage either frontal or rear. if its got abs test it to make sure it works.

look under the wheel arches for any signs of overspray and check around the rubbers on the windows for signs of an extra layer of paint build up means its been resprayed. listen to the engine start from cold some can be tappety first thing , thats about it from me. good luck .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links