Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Sound Proofing T Sport And Spoiler

mtricks

Hi

just got an 02 t sport well happy with it, but was just wondering if anyone knows about any available sound proofing that goes under the bonnet as the engine seems nosiy compared to previous cars. do thay have them on the deisel versions? i have had golf gti's and more recently a vts and both these had sound proofing on the bonnet which i feel makes a big difference.

Also after a standard t sport spoiler in blue if anyone can piont me in the right direction as mine doesnt have one!!

any help would be appriciated

cheers

mark

It should have sound-proofing under the bonnet as standard... black fluffy stuff pinned to the underside of the bonnet.

I ripped mine out... actually makes it sound better and no louder. I've probably still got it in my garage if you haven't got any!

Yeah, they're naturally quite loud when you get the revs up, you've probably already got it.

I've never looked at buying spoilers because my car had 1 when I bought it, some1 else will be able to help soon enough though. In the meantime, how about posting some pics of your car?

[Off Topic - What GTi's did you have, what did you think about them?]

Yeah, the Yaris is loud when you rev it.

I think its a good balance between refinement and noise..

at low revs, its a pretty quiet car :) but if your in the mood for really driving it hard down a country lane, it'll sing a song for you :D

You are probably used to a VW which stick half a tonne of sound proofing in their cars.

quiet, but heavy (and lame to drive :P )

Cheers seveer unaek will have a look, sure it hasnt got any if not ill have it off you.

Will try get some pics up soon

th\tks for the replys, as for the spioler the reason i asked was someone on here looked to be selling them

cheers

I paid £5400 for it with 17000 miles on it is that a good price.

Easy to see as its a big black pad which is held in with black plastic gromit thingys ...

I beleive if its removed it allows less noise back into the cabin - but it might just be me!

As for other cars ive had 2 mk2 gti's, Clio 16v and a saxo vts.

Gti prob the best even though the oldest and slowest but hard to find a good one now. they are very solid and nothing rattles etc cant beat them. had a D and a G reg

Clio fastest, VTS similar but made of mechano and tin foil!

so whats the opinion noisier with or without?

I took my black soundproofer off the bonnet the other day but I havn't noticed any increase in noise.

But mines pretty noisy anyway.

Anyone elses car sound a bit rough when driving/revving hard, is it just my car or are the t-sports rough sounding in general, as my 1.3 was pretty quiet

• 2 months later...

Hello thar e31.....I'm new and was looking for a Yaris TS as a replacement to my 7 year old non-power steering clio dinosaur. Ray sent me a link to this site/forum and since then I've been addicted to reading it.......you guys are great, there's so much info on here.

Back to the Forum topic, I've test drove 2 TS, both P2s but ones an 03 reg and one (which I am buying and picking up on monday) is a 55 reg. the 03 has done 9,000ish miles and the one I'm going for has done 43ish miles. My point is, when I test drove the one i'm buying, it seemed different to the 03 one in that it seemed a bit noisier (engine wise)? Also it seemed a tad bit sluggish compared to the 03 one. Is it because its new?

After test driving the 03 one I instantly fell in love with it, but the price tag was huge :eek: , £7999 for it the guy wanted......cracked windscreen and all.....so this one i bought is £8945 with free mats, from mr T. He dint give me much discount.......bad service too, but I wanted the car so much. :yahoo: can't wait til monday!!

Welcome to the club m8 :thumbsup:

I think your's will seem a bit slower cause it just needs running in.

It'll loosen up after a few K!

Great little car, the more you drive it, the more you'll love it :D

Got any modz planned?

Welcome to the club m8 :thumbsup:

I think your's will seem a bit slower cause it just needs running in.

It'll loosen up after a few K!

Great little car, the more you drive it, the more you'll love it :D

Got any modz planned?

Thanks Blue TS........I'm gonna be skint for a while but Ray's car has inspired me.....loads......and loads of other peeps TS on here, I dint kno so many people had them. I asked Ray about lowering the car and he said that he's got coilovers.....I heard envy had 5 sets at 450 a set......hope there's still 1 left!!! just got my payslip the otherday, but the rent is gonna take a huge chunk off it :crybaby:

I will probably have to wait til after xmas before I can do anything. Looking at some CD players and Speakers aswell....any suggestions?

Ive went for my Envy induction kit first & then recently got my full exhaust done! :yes:

Car sounds amazing now :drool: , i love it!

As for cd players & lowering, im thinkin the same way next!

Ive heard nothin but good thingz about them coily setz from envy :thumbsup:

I want a din sized fold out tv/cd/dvd etc ideally, but just ave to see wot funds will allow :D

This moddin lark can leave you pennyless if ur not careful! Lol

It's never ending!!!

ENVY induction and full exhaust? coolios.......

are they very loud? I wanna do something like that but I suppose I shud wait at least 1.5k on the clock first and then start modding it as the money comes in hehe

Eddi

ENVY induction and full exhaust? coolios.......

are they very loud? I wanna do something like that but I suppose I shud wait at least 1.5k on the clock first and then start modding it as the money comes in hehe

Eddi

Yeah, Envy cold air induction, decat, centre section & hks backbox!

It sounds immense when i hammer it !!! :blowup: !!!

Defo worth the time & £££ :D

Sounds a good idea letting it run in a bit & save up in the mean time

Its a great buzz to drive from standard anyway, when you first get it!

When you get down to sum of the meet/cruises etc & see some of the ova'z,

you'll catch the moddin bug big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links